Thursday, April 16, 2015

Temporary Home

We finally made it to our home for the next few months Tuesday afternoon! We were all so happy to finally be there. The last hour or so of the trip poor Laney just cried her eyes out. She was done being in the car. It was a weird yet familiar feeling walking into our place for the first time. It was like we never left. All the apartments we have lived in have all been pretty similar I think. So this was nothing new for us! We are on the first floor this time (hallelujah) and have nicer carpet than in the past. All good things. I try really hard not to think of our little life back home on Henry Lane. (I changed the blog name...we'll see how long it lasts, needed a change.) This summer will be fun and good for us. Grateful I have these crazy, squishy kiddos to experience it with. 



Laney's face just cracked me up here. I'm thinking that her "fang" teeth will pop through first because they are really swollen and she is a grump...if that happens then I will not be posting pictures of her smiling ha ha That will look so weird and scary! Let's hope it doesn't happen.









Caught Crew crying here because I flipped when he bit my leg so hard. I didn't expect it so my reaction wasn't the best...but he sat there bawling forever with the mask on. So funny. He is so dramatic.

This summer will be fun for us. Last night we had a crazy lightening/thunderstorm and I'm growing to love those. It's fascinating to think about thunder and lighting I think. I'm totally a homebody so the summers force me to come out of my shell a bit more. It's hard to get out of the house right now since nap schedules are off and it's only been raining the whole time. Hopefully we will get out and do some fun things soon! We live by so many places here! Any food joint you name--I bet we have. We are basically in the parking lot of Walmart. So nice for me because I hate wasting time driving to my errands. That will be nice with kids. The mall is literally 1 minute away also next to Target and TjMaxx. I've made a goal to barely shop this summer...so that will be interesting. Not a big shopper anyway---but it's tempting when I'm home all day doing nothing! It's going to force me to get creative with our time, and only buy things we need. I'm wanting to spend money on experiences and not things this summer. Also-since we are home a lot, there will be lots of pictures of the kids on here just playing toys. I love catching them in their element.

No comments:

Post a Comment