Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Life Lately
Life has been crazy around here with these raccoons. Currently while typing this Crew is climbing all over me and putting his hands down my pants. He thinks bums are super funny...he is so gross and such a boy! Totally unnecessary information.
Living in such a small space has been interesting with them. I work so hard to clean it in the mornings, and then BAM a tornado comes through and it looks like I never lifted a finger. The joys of motherhood. I do miss our big loft. I'm not one for toys in my family room, or anywhere that I can see them--I know, so mean.
Here are some phone pictures over the last few days. I am totally aware that I am one of those "over-instagrammers" but I'm totally cool with it. Doesn't bother me. I could post a lot more--but I'll hold off. Crew has been a little hard for me lately. He seems to love getting reactions out of us, so now we don't give him one--but he is Crew, and he still continues to push our buttons. Like when he dumped out all of my raw almonds on the carpet. or hit Laney in the head a thousand times at Target causing her to scream ever so loudly. or took out all of the clothes out of his dresser and tossed them into Laney's crib. Sunday before church I made him a hot dog for lunch and raw carrots. (he loves those) Right when we were about to leave, I noticed that his plate was missing from the table. I had to change the clothes out of the dryer so Alex could wear his white shirt...guess what was in the dryer? HIS HOT DOG, CARROTS, PLATE, and FORK. I'm not sure what his little brain is thinking these days. (you guys, I do watch him, but when I'm busy for more than 2 minutes he takes that opportunity to become mischievous)
He does cute things too. Like when he took the bottle scrubber and made a car wash all on his own. Zero help from me. I love his little brain. Even when it doesn't tell him to make the right choices. He is always wanting to facetime family--and I would a lot more, but I figure we better hold off because they actually have lives! We just sit around all day...which is why we like face-timing.(and why the blog posts are so similar) Entertain us people!
Crew and Laney are trying to play together more--but neither of them are really in favor of it, they just want each others toys! It's so funny. Laney has been growling so much lately. When she wakes up in the morning, she growls, doesn't cry. We love it. She isn't crawling a ton, but can sure get around just fine! She is starting to army crawl and then rolls a lot too. She got stuck under the table, and of course I took a picture.
I love Crew and Laney. Being a mom is a lot harder on me than I thought it would be-my 21 year old self comes out a lot, and I forget that I have to be a grown up sometimes, and brush my selfish desires away, but I love doing all of this for them. Making sure that they have a good life and that they can be successful in whatever they choose to be/do.
XOXO little children
Labels:
Crew,
Happy Moments,
Laney,
Motherhood,
Summer Sales
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hahahah you stories of Crew have me cracking me up but then also terrified because I know we are next with Porter! Also, totally relate on the whole cmon people update your blogs and entertain us! When you and Kayla don't post that day I think, "Great! Now I have nothing to read!" So I had to laugh when you said that. I'll try to do better in he blogging department. I need to anyways! I love rereading posts from years ago and seeing how far we have come!
ReplyDelete