Sunday, April 5, 2015

Becoming Mom







I love being their mom. Lately it has been a rough go at our house with our cute little toddler. Laney requires more attention because she wants to be held all day, and cries when I leave the room. That leaves her older brother pretty upset. He has turned into a baby, and just when I thought we were potty trained...we weren't. ( I am...he isn't ha ha ) I am constantly on my knees pleading for ways to parent him without raising my voice. It's so hard for me ya know. I wish it wasn't. He actually responds better when I calmly talk to him versus when I yell. Yelling just makes him act out more and doesn't do much. ***Side note-as I'm writing this Alex says to me "We made him! Like one day he wasn't here and then he just popped out. He is our little guy. We multiplied! So weird." haha Yes sweetie. He is here...and he is ours. *** I love being his mom and I need to do better. I have to change and become a different mother...if that makes sense. I am figuring out now that each child I have will have a different personality than the next. I will have to work hard so that I can figure out what parenting tactics work best for them. It will require a lot of prayer and effort. He really can be such a sweetie, and he gives the best loves. (makes me worried for high school...he seems very needy in that way:) Somedays I feel that I totally fail as a mother, but then I think about the little things we did that day. He loves reading books and playing animals. So if those two things get done, then it's a good day in his book. Being mom requires a lot from me but I'm learning how to become a better mother to my children. I loved what our Bishop's wife once said-- We are human "becomings" rather than human beings. We are constantly improving and becoming better. So I am a becoming mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment