We had a family reunion up in Victor, Idaho this past weekend with Alex's family. When we first heard about it, we weren't sure if we were able to make it with the summer schedule. I'm so glad we were able to go, and that Alex took of a few days of work! Living away from Alex has really been hard, so I was so anxious for this weekend to finally arrive so that we could be together as a family of 5! There was nothing better than being surrounded by family we love in the fresh mountain air in Idaho.
We picked Alex up from the airport the day of the reunion and made the drive up to Idaho together. There is nothing more I love than a road trip with my boy! It gave us a lot of time to catch up.
Crew and Laney were in awe that their dad was in the front seat of the car too. It was cute to see their reaction.
I made the mistake of giving Laney a dry erase marker to keep her entertained during the short 3.5 hour drive...she isn't a fan of the car. After a few minutes of silence I looked back to see how she was doing...and then she showed me her arm. Rookie mistake. Luckily it wiped right off with a wet wipe. We all had a good laugh.
Crew's favorite thing is getting a treat from the gas station with dad. Love these two beaming boys.
We are trying to make an effort to take more photos together!
We arrived at the lodge, hugged our family, and felt so grateful for the people that surround us. We talk about it often. We are spoiled with the family we have!
Peter finally got to be loved on by the one and only "nana." She let us stay in her home during this trip which was so nice, and fun for us. It was so warm and cozy there, which we needed, since some nights at the lodge got pretty crazy with the kids. Coming back to a homey place was so nice.
Laney wouldn't leave her dads side the entire 1st day. It was cute to see them together again.
Some of the best men right here. I don't think anyone loves their dad as much as Alex does! He was excited to spend some time with his family this weekend.
Jonah (Alex's cousin) and Crew became best of friends during this trip. So many bear hunts, gun wars, police officer games, and much more! I loved seeing Crew so happy here. Letting him roam freely was super fun for him.
Laney was the silent "roamer" at the lodge. Often times causing me some anxiety. She was never in any real trouble, but if I let her get away from me for too long, then I worried! She was so content just chasing her cousins around, and being doted on by others.
Hazel Basil was there too of course! We all couldn't wait to love on the Payne girls. I can't wait for this cousin group to grow over the years, in number, and closeness.
Reunion shirts were a must for the littles...however, I really wish we bought some for us! Next time.
Getting them to stand still for O N E picture was tough. I would seriously only take one picture if they would get it right the first time. HA!
Sibling love is the best I think. These two love each other.
This sight was fun for me to see. I love my family all together.
Having my kids being loved by some of the best people is great. They are really lucky to have some pretty amazing aunts and uncles!
Taylor (Alex's cousin) was there too, and was super helpful with all of our kids. She is moving to Arizona next week, and we cannot wait!
Crissa (Alex's cousins, baby) was born 5 days after Peter boy. They had the same due date, and we have loved watching her on social media. It was really fun to meet her in person. So many chubby legs here!
Love these two.
Ivy girl was so good during this trip...and was mostly sleeping when I saw her!
More daddy time.
All I wanted was a good picture with these 4. Crew was not having it, and Alex bent down to get closer to him...which makes for some awkward looking knees! This is honestly the best we got.
Aunt Lora giving Crew a pep-talk after photos. He still wouldn't give in and smile for us!
Instead...he found these, and was happy.
Papa Lane directing a fun stick game. Super easy to play, and very fun with a large group!
Ivy darling, snoozin again!
Uncle Bens dominates in any game he plays, so we weren't surprised when he won the stick game. :)
My kids are lucky to have such a fun grandma to play with!
Our kids were always in someone's arms during the trip. It was so fun to catch up with family that live in different states.
There she is! She was awake here...as you can see. Love those big brown eyes of hers! I think we are a little obsessed with them because they are our first nieces! (Haze & Ivy)
The Johnsen family picture!
We went into town to devour a huckleberry milkshake that is raved about. It really was super yummy.
My anxiety level rose to the max when I saw how crowded the place was, which happened to be filled to the brim with little trinkets and toys. My kids were in heaven. The touched every. single. thing. that caught their eye.
We only let Crew pick out one toy, and that caused a serious meltdown. We stuck to our guns, and he left with "real" handcuffs.
They each got their own taste of the amazing shakes.
We got back to the Lodge in time for dinner, and some rocket building.
Love these boys.
That's a wrap for now!




































Such a cute post! Stole a bunch of pictures off here :) so glad we could all go!
ReplyDeleteSo fun!! I loved seeing pictured of everyone! Next time I'm coming!
ReplyDelete