I signed the kids up this summer for swim lessons, and let me tell ya, it was the best decision ever. Thanks to my awesome mother-in-law who set it all up for us, and let us use her pool for the lessons!
Luckily, I was in Chicago for the first two lessons. From what I hear...Crew and Laney wanted nothing to do with the pool, swimming, or their teacher. Crew fought it hard. Laney would do the lesson, but would cry the entire time.
I'm glad I missed all of that....
When I got back, they were totally swimming and putting their head under water.
(Whenever we just talked about it-before lessons started with Crew, he would throw a big tantrum.)
One of the best things about being a parent is watching my children overcome hard, and scary challenges.
They take lessons with their cousin Hazel, which just makes everything even better. Love that these guys get to grow up down the street from each other! (ok a few streets)
Them wearing goggles is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.
That's Laney grabbing the rings under the water! It's amazing how far she has come. She isn't water safe yet, meaning totally swimming on her own, but we are making huge progress.
They love seeing their little cheerleader on the sidelines rooting them on. This little guy loves to splash around in the pool too.
I'm pretty sure I could eat all 3 of them up!
We've loved Miss Nikki, or "Mickey" as Crew calls her. Now the countdown is on for more swim lessons in the future, and me trying to figure out how to keep teaching them without using floaties! Wish us luck!










No comments:
Post a Comment