Sunday, July 17, 2016

Chicago Day 1

I feel so grateful that we were able to pull this trip off! So thankful for my in-laws and sister-in-law who helped watched our kids during the week. The kids had a blast, and didn't miss me one bit!

-We drove the entire day before back from Utah

-My dad had to catch a flight to chicago the same day I did, so it worked out perfectly. We both woke 
up at 3:45am to make it to the airport on time. My dad had to wake me up...I missed my alarm. 

-The majority of my flights during the summers, my dad has been there to help me. It's been so nice having him there with me! 

-Peter and I got the entire row to ourselves! Scored there. He slept for some of the flight.

-The tray tables were teeny tiny, I was cracking up. I don't know why I thought it was so funny. They were completely useless. 








-Alex picked us up, and we grabbed lunch before he headed back out on the doors. I had to convince him to take us to the hotel before heading out to area! I mean, come on, I didn't really want to sit in the car while he sold a couple houses. 

-Around 5 he came home, and we got ready for a nice dinner downtown! (Thanks Ecoshield!)

-I'll be honest...I wasn't too excited about bringing Peter downtown with us. He was cranky and tired. He wouldn't even wake up from his nap when I needed him to!

-Before going, Alex tried to clean out his car. I think he is 15 years old again living out here. HA! It was a little sad/depressing to see his apartment. It just looks like a college guy's dorm room. I felt a little guilty for not moving us out with him, and making a homey place for him to come home to after long days on the doors. 


 We had a delay once we got to the city. There were protesters in the streets yelling at the police. The police were everywhere. It was not a good feeling at all. They closed our restaurant for a bit, and also the parking garage. So we waited in the Cheescake Factory until they opened it again. I had so much anxiety while we waited there. I am a firm believer in being in the right place at the right time, and we were not in a very good place. Finally they opened it back up and we went up to dinner...only a half hour late. (We got yelled at by Black people during our stay in chicago a few times. It wasn't super fun...but my heart does ache for what's going on. Men being killed by police without much warning. It's tough to choose sides these days, but I'm just trying my hardest to be kind to everyone, and have an open view on both sides.)


-There was a beautiful black, shiny grand piano in the restaurant being played by a very talented guy! I loved it. He played many of my favorite songs by the artist named Billy Joel. It was a good night. 



-Someone from work told them it was our honeymoon in hopes of us getting a better seat. I bet they thought it was funny when we walked in with a baby! 
Our first day together was great. We ended the night feeling full, tired, and so happy we were together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment