We signed C up for soccer this year after taking two years off! He said he was ready to try again since he plays soccer at recess and that means he's "legit." (his words)
So we gave it a go! The first game went well....until the last half. The waterworks came out when Crew realized the game was nearly over and he hadn't scored a goal yet. (the coach joked with him that if he scored a goal, then his parents would pay him $20!) *he doesn't know that this boy takes bets like that very seriously.* So he stomped off the field in tears since he wouldn't get $20! HA The rollercoaster of motherhood was very much present that day. It was hard consoling him...but also telling him to toughen up and maybe next week he can try again.
His next game he scored his first GOAL and I missed it. *cue my tears* I had a shoot that day so Alex stepped in for me. So I am so glad one of us was there but I hate missing that. He was over the moon and couldn't wait to tell me. So proud of that boy.



No comments:
Post a Comment