Oh how did this happen so fast! I have these older two in school full time and they literally were born yesterday. They were so excited for school to start. We had many long talks leading up to the big day about being a friend, being kind, being respectful to teachers and so on. Sometimes I have to pinch myself because I am in this mom world knee deep and I truly love it. I love their little personalities blooming.
Laney woke up the first day at 4:30am dressed and ready in our room with her shoes and backpack on. Alex and I just started laughing because while we were surprised...we sort of weren't. The excitement is just way too much for her sometimes. She woke Crew up at 5am (big mistake if you know him...but he was a good sport) They both did their morning routine and were happy to check those boxes off. (devoured The Entitlement Trap book this summer and I'm trying hard to make some sort of chore system stick!)
Walking them up to school was so fun for us and I could have easily let myself get emotional, but didn't want to make them feel those emotions since they were so excited. I'm just so happy to be in this stage and learning to soak it up daily! They will be graduating high school soon and then real life starts. It all goes too fast. Cliche I know. All in all they had a great day. So much love for them.












No comments:
Post a Comment