Well despite my last post about having a week left...we are actually HOME from our little summer sales journey where we were pretty much nomads for 5 months. It feels oh so good to be in our home. That drive was absolutely crazy for all of us. Crew and Alex were probably the best travelers. Laney and I however...were in tears most of the time or just plain mad. I'm totally into long car trips...but I prefer to take them without small children. The drive was about 26 hours long with 1 stop overnight at my aunts house in Texas. Thank goodness for them! Laney was honestly a little naughty baby girl the entire time...while Crew slept or watched a show on the ipad.
They actually never fell asleep at the same dang time the whole trip. We couldn't figure out why! So one would be asleep, wake up right when the other babe fell asleep...and we usually stopped to grab gas or food right when the switch was made. It was rough. Crew was so darn cute during this drive. He was so talkative when Laney was asleep and would say the funniest things. I remember long car trips with my family growing up and I loved getting all of my parents attention when the rest of the kids were sleeping. I'm hoping that will happen to us as the kids get older. For some reason long car rides bring out the best conversations.
We had to make an Ihop run before we left this beautiful southern state. I actually will miss the green landscape and all of the rain. So many cute little towns and good eats too!
Laney and I on one of our stops. Maybe I made us stop or Laney. Who knows...but man alive, we sure had the same feelings on this drive. (let me complain for .5 seconds here. Pregnancy acne is no joke. I'm ready for it to go away. Pleaseeee.)
This car was PACKED.
We got home late Monday night and it was best feeling driving on that 202 freeway. I loved stepping out of the car into this Arizona summer heat. The kids were on cloud 9 when they saw the loft upstairs with their long-lost toys! Gramma & Grampa live in Arizona now so they left some surprises on the kids pillows. That was SO needed! Crew and Laney took a much needed bath at 11pm with the new toys and slept peacefully in their beds. It was a good night.
During the summer I scoured pinterest, online stores, and design books for decorating my house. I have a list going of the things I thought we "needed" to have. I have felt so antsy all summer just wanting to get home and decorate. When I walked in my home Monday night I was completely at peace with everything we have. Of course I still have those feelings of wanting my home to be more decorated, but we don't need it done right this second. We live such a good life and feel so incredibly blessed with the things we have. Everyone has a bed and other comfortable living necessities. I'll get around to making my house look more put together, but for now I'm just grateful for what we do have. I need to remind myself of that more often.
It was so nice seeing family again. Especially family that lives 5 minutes away! It's a dream come true. Haze wasn't too sure about Crew and Laney playing with all of her toys...but she'll come around within a week or so :) We loved seeing her house and just kissing her darn good cheekums! They are too good.
The last few days have been filled with clutter, suitcases, too much sugar, and so many tears...but it has been so worth it. We are so glad to be back with the ones we love!



SO sorry about the miserable trip, I can hardly handle the 12 hours from Utah to AZ with ONE kid, you're a brave soul! But YAY for being back home! And congrats, you've missed most of the miserableness of the AZ summer. Now, let hang out!
ReplyDelete