Sunday, August 16, 2015

Baby #3

We announced some exciting news on social media today so I need to document it on here! We are expecting another little one around Valentine's Day next year! We couldn't feel more blessed or nervous all at the same time. 
After I had Laney I had the immediate urge to have another baby soon after her. I remember a member of the ward in Missouri visiting us (she was so nice) and she asked jokingly if I wanted another baby. I replied immediately "Yes! I honestly think I do!" and that was that.
We kept it under the radar that I sort of never took birth control after having Laney...so we expected things to happen a lot sooner than they did! Maybe breastfeeding really does work for me as a birth control? (totally not going to live by that in the future. No worries)
I stopped nursing Laney in April and became pregnant in May. 
Now...we gave ourselves until May/June of 2015 to get pregnant because I didn't want to have a baby over summer and a few other reasons, but we just set up that little deadline. So when May came, the both of us sorta talked ourselves out of wanting a baby because it just wasn't happening yet. I signed up for the half marathon in February and committed to working out with some friends back in Arizona. I was so so excited! Obviously bummed I wasn't pregnant, but we weren't worried about it.  

So I flew to Utah the beginning of June for 6 full weeks of good times with the family! I found out I was pregnant shortly after I arrived. I kept waiting for June's visitor and it just didn't come. I was in denial and wouldn't take a test for a while. I remember getting the test at the store and sneaking it away from the family upstairs! I took it downstairs and it was positive. I immediately ran upstairs to my mom and just bawled in her arms. I totally was not unhappy with it being positive but I was in shock! So many emotions running through me. So I sat there crying and then she was crying and reassuring me that I could do this. She's the greatest and I am so so thankful I found out while I was there. I kept it a secret from Alex the entire trip and told him when I got back to Alabama. Those 6 weeks while in Utah I wasn't feeling too sick. I would get nauseas but then eat and be fine. I only threw up once there! Woohoo! 
One night though I was craving Costa Vida so badly. I had been craving it for a few days but felt bad asking someone to take me. It was 11pm and I was making a sandwich and just broke down in the kitchen. My brothers were all there and my parents! They didn't know what was going on haha At this point my dad knew I was pregnant and just gave me the biggest hug ever! He said he would go and get it for me right then. I cried harder because I told him they were closed! haha I was doing the cry where you have to catch your breath and breathe through your mouth because your nose is all stuffed up. It was so pathetic. But yes...the cravings this time around have been unreal. 
I told Alex in Alabama and he was...shocked! It took a few days for it to sink in. At this point I still didn't know how far along I was because I had stopped tracking my period back in April. I started feeling extremely tired and sick when I got to Alabama. That was hard because I was alone taking care of the two kids. So the ipad and snacks have been our friend lately. 
I didn't want to make an appointment out here because I really didn't think I was too far along. One day I just decided to call up the dr and make one because I was sick of living in limbo! We got an ultrasound (one that was uncomfortable and so awkward. Hated it. Never done that before!) a little teeny baby was bouncing around and had all 4 limbs going crazy! We were so surprised at how far along I was. I was a few days away from being 12 weeks. Seeing a heartbeat in a little human on the screen never gets old, and I absolutely love every bit of this experience. We told our family shortly after that! Just texted or called them! Nothing creative, but I sort of like it that way. We just announced it today because I'm in the second trimester and people would find out eventually! I don't know why I have been hesitant announcing it (when we told our family I had knots in my stomach and simply did not want to do it) but I am so happy with this baby and feel like I need to talk about he/she out in the open! 
I have been feeling so much better! Taking the kids out in public is so hard for me and requires me to just be physically there and not mentally...if that makes sense. I just have to check out for a second when I start to feel nauseas or so tired, and talk myself out of feeling like that. You just don't have the option to really be "pregnant" while taking care of two kids. 
We are so very excited for this baby and feel beyond grateful to be the parents of these 3 kids.
(Crew hates pictures...but he is so so excited for the baby. He keeps calling it Peter or Sally. We love one of the names, but not the other. I'll let you guess!) 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! That's so exciting! You guys make beautiful babies. I love that we have to try to 'plan around the summer' for when we have our kids. good luck with everything- hope your next couple weeks fly by! :)

    ReplyDelete