Finally getting a second to grab pictures from my phone to post on here! It's funny...everyday I tell Crew "mom needs to have some quiet time" and without fail he ends up wherever I'm at bouncing all over me, pulling me hair and basically making sure my quiet time is nonexistent. So this time I snuck away quietly without telling him what I was doing. Let's see if it works!
I don't think I'll get around to posting all of our pictures from our trip to Chattanooga but here are a few. We went with a few of the wives out here too and they were so helpful! We saw some neat places but probably won't ever go back to Ruby Falls. It's not much to see, and the tour takes 1.5 hours when it should only take 15 minutes. True! It's the tour guides that drag it out. We didn't know that we weren't allowed to take strollers on either tours so...I was a little tired to say the least.
The falls are very pretty but they only let you see them for about 3 minutes and then they took us out!
Rock City however was incredible and worth it! I want to go again someday, but probably only when the kids are old enough to appreciate it. You can see 7 states from the top, and the view is so incredible. I'm just overwhelmed with how beautiful this world is, and I get the urge sometimes to see the rest of it. (only a teeny urge though--I'm not one for traveling long distances)
We only have a week or so left out here! A WEEK! Never thought those words would leave my mouth! ha We have been trying to fill our days with something so that we can make it to the end. The end of summer is like a marathon that never ends! You see the finish line but for some reason it's taking forever to get to it. We have visited the mall a little too much lately. There is this amazing popsicle shop that we go to! (how fun would it be to own one of these?!) They are only in the south, so Alex and I hope to bring it to the West! It's so so good. It's the best on a sticky summer day!
Our absolute favorite is strawberry-lemonade. (notice Crew is wearing a different shirt in each picture...yea we have been here really too much this week)
We went fishing again with Megan and Kellie! We went once in Tennessee and finally got to do it again last night. I wish I filmed Crew or had my nice camera! This kid was hilarious. He totally wants a fishing pole for his birthday...so I guess we need to make this a hobby for him. He kept smelling the fish and saying, "eww it 'mells so stinky!" He also was wondering when we could catch a shark! Each time a fish was caught he would say, "Now lets catch a shark!" haha Poor kid watched too much Shark week with his mama...
(and those orange shoes? Heaven help us. I'm not sure how we are going to ever get rid of them)
We went on the carousel at the mall finally and the kids were not fans. Crew wanted nothing to do with an animal so we sat on a bench. The motion made me seriously sick. We paid for 3 rides but only stayed for 2. I had to force Crew to stay for the 2nd ride...if I would of known that...I wouldn't have paid for 3. No big deal buddy.
Another visit to the popsicle shop. Laney doodle is a fan.
Looking back, this summer has been a great one. Don't get me wrong...it was totally hard. Very hard. But was it worth it? Sure. Alex has done an amazing job and turned a new leaf this summer. So very proud of how hard he works and how much he loves his job. I love hearing all of his crazy stories at the end of his work day. He's this close to reaching his goal so we are cheering him on along the way!
I'm starting to feel a little bit better during the day. I'm almost 15 weeks which was about the time when I started feeling better with Laney. I'm hoping thats the case for this one. AND that Laney starts consistently sleeping through the night. That's been rough, but she's so darn cute when she wakes up so I don't mind. I'm still waiting to have my appetite back though. I have been eating the worst foods and I'm trying so hard not to kick myself for it. Hopefully when I get back to my kitchen and get further along in this pregnancy I will start eating healthier! We could find out the gender now so I'm dying to know! I also am not a fan of this limbo stage I'm in either. I just want to feel the baby move so I can stop being a worrier.
Arizona is going to bring a lot of great things this fall. We are looking forward to being with family, friends and attending the temple regularly again! I'm looking forward to a routine and starting class up again. It's funny how I keep clinging to school. I wish I could physically go to a school with hands on experiences, but it's not the time or season for that. Online school will be my little friend till it's over with. Anyway-I love it because it gives me deadlines and ways to push myself. I need that as a mother, and for me it's so important. I think it's important for our children to see us constantly trying to improve ourselves. It doesn't matter what it is, just as long as they know it makes us happy and they see us progressing. I'm a better mom when I am busy with my own little projects and assignments!
Now off to sneak in a nap before my kids find me! (just kiddin')
No comments:
Post a Comment