We are officially on the countdown to come home! Well I am...Alex is not! We have two full weeks out here and then we are back to living a somewhat normal life together! I am looking forward to fall candles, fall decorations, Halloween with family, chilly nights, and soup in the crock pot. I can't truly explain my love for fall.
We have had a crazy week in our family (extended) because my brother is engaged! When I told Crew about it he shook his head, giggled and said," no wayyyyyy. Zach not get married in the temple!" It was cute. Zach and Lindsey have been dating for a few weeks and are not wasting any time! Which I love because I completely understand where they are coming from. It's comforting to know someone else around me understands why Alex and I moved so quickly. Why waste time when you don't have to! Getting married young is totally a challenge and difficult, but looking back it's so worth it. I am so dang excited to have a new sister! She's just the sweetest and is so genuine. My kids are going to have an awesome aunt. She has so many hidden talents and I'm just excited to get to know her more. Zach is the best there is. I always said growing up that he should have been born first because he always acted like the oldest! He is so responsible, loving and faithful so I know he will take good care of her. They both served a mission in the same area but never together? I don't really know the full story. It's so hard to believe they are older than Alex and I were when we got married. I'm glad I could take the brunt of all the rude comments of getting married so that my brother and cousins didn't have to! (wink wink...sense sarcasm?) Anyway, they are getting married November 25th in the Draper Temple and we couldn't be happier for them. They are going to do great things in their lifetime and I'm glad I can witness it all! (although I'm actually super sad we don't live in Vineyard anymore because I know we would be hanging out with them daily!) It has been so fun talking to Zach lately about how he would propose and what ring to buy! How is he old enough for all of this?!
It's so great to see them so happy. Now bring me some red headed blue eyed babies with freckles ASAP! (just kiddin...take your time...but what does that phrase even mean in our family?! haha)


No comments:
Post a Comment