Saturday, August 8, 2015

Botanical Gardens

I'm trying to hurry and write this post before Laney wakes up from her nap! I'm so behind on my blog, but lately I have just been napping while she naps so I figured today I should probably do something else productive! 

This morning we were able to go to Huntsville Botanical Gardens with our friends out here! Right when we got there Crew saw this nerdy bee hat and loved it. It was so hot and sunny outside so I knew he would get good use out of it. I bought the darn thing for way too much money...but it is reversible so maybe we got 2 hats for 1?! ha ha I'll just tell myself that. 
Either way he looked super cute/dorky in it. We all loved it. 
I didn't take too many pictures of the gardens because it was mostly just flowers and grass haha and when I wasn't snapping one of the kids, I was chasing them! It's days like this where I wish so badly I had a good iphone camera so I wouldn't have to lug this huge camera around. My iphone camera is seriously rotten and my phone is cracked again. I'm seriously this close to going back to a flip phone. I'm done breaking my phones! 

Laney was such a dream during this hot adventure outside. She was totally content chewing on the stroller (which I've given up telling her not to) and smiling. 


We found this secret little pond that I assumed we could swim in...so I let the kids have at it. I should have brought some swim suits or towels...but I didn't know they would get so wet! It felt so nice. Crew literally belly flopped in and Laney was eating rocks or squealing the whole time! There were a few close calls with my camera taking a swim too as I jumped in to get the rocks out of Laney's mouth. Mom fail right there. 
His hat kills me!



I let the kids play in the sand too, this was Laney's first time with this stuff and she wasn't too sure of it. I'm sure we all have a picture with sand in our mouth as kids! 

I love watching them play together. (or next to each other)
I'm glad we went today! We will try to go back again before we move! 

No comments:

Post a Comment