Saturday, August 1, 2015

Saturday Blues

Today I was probably the worst mom ever. Saturday's are so so so so long over here, and I'm usually ok with that, except that Laney hardly slept last night. Me on little to no sleep = mean mama. I always wonder if I had waited to have kids till I was more "mature" or had more years under my belt if I would be a more patient and loving mother. I'm trying so incredibly hard to never raise my voice in my home and so far I have done pretty well...except for today. I snapped hard. Crew is at an age where he copies everything I say, has serious attitude and zero respect for me. It's just a peek into his 3 year old self...I'm getting more of a glimpse everyday and it's not fun. I thought 2 was hard...I am so not ready for 3. (I can rock the newborn stage...not the toddler stage. It terrifies me.)

Laney girl has been a dream baby up until this week! I can't figure it out. She is refusing bedtime and naps. I try to let her cry-it-out, but I know the neighbors can hear. I hate apartments. There I said it. I like the small space, but I also need my own walls...if that makes sense. She is also whining literally all day. If I'm not holding her...she is crying. Day's like today just make me miss my family so much! I just know they would be over here in a heartbeat ready to help. 

Today I went to the store and bought Alex a cake to make along with some other fun things to celebrate him hitting 200 accounts! I couldn't be more proud. Even though this job isn't ideal I am so amazed with how hard he has worked this summer, and man, he is good at what he does. I shouldn't complain so much. Anyway I have a pounding headache and a messy apartment. Crew is watching a show on the ipad till he falls asleep. M O T H E R of the Y E A R. I honestly could careless. I'll have to save the cake for tomorrow because I simply don't have it in me tonight. Sorry sweets. 

Sunday is tomorrow. That's good news over here. It's August...which means we are driving home the 28th. I'll make sure of it! (ohhhhh that drive home. Don't get me started.)
Maybe in a few years when I'm a little older I won't vent all my negativity into one post...but until then, buckle up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment