Tuesday, March 31, 2020

"Mastering the Seemingly Impossible"

I read this quote on one of my favorite blogs back in January and it's been seeping into my thoughts more lately. 

"When you master the seemingly impossible, it does something for you that fits into your very character for a lifetime, and makes the next impossible thing seem that much easier."-71toes blog

The last few days have felt anything but possible. I do need a pat on the back though for not getting upset with my kids...what?! I feel like my prayers are being answered. This whole thing is tough for them too. Breaking the news to the kids that they wouldn't return to school was heartbreaking, tears were shed, a lot of questions asked that I don't know the answer too. I keep having the thought though that it really isn't all that bad...we could have it so much worse. I got the news tonight that a friends mom is intubated in the hospital with COVID and I can't imagine that happening to someone close to us. We have so much to be grateful for.

It's been slow moving around here (my house will surely never recover from this...slightly kidding.) A lot playing, crafts, reading and movie nights fill up our time. My heart has felt even more soft as we prepare this week to hear from the Prophet. I have tried to get rid of distractions this week that I am in control of so I can be in a state of being centered around the things that really matter. I am so excited to cozy up with my family and listen. Really praying daily that we will have peace in our home Saturday and Sunday.

-A quiet moment when the older two play happily with the dollhouse and I sat quietly and watched
-Laney did her hair in a funny bun and it looked like she had bangs. We all had a good laugh.
-Robot finished
-Hearts in the window to show love for our first responders!
-A fun surprise basket of toys from my ministering sister...the sweetest and very needed.
-Happy Thomas
-Piano practice
-Water balloon fights gone south...I bet you can just figure out who was ticked first
-Heart-attacking my grandparents garage!
-Peter helping...he's awesome when we let him stay up late
-Temple visits
-A surprise bag from Sasa made our night! We all got fun goodies that turned the night around
-Painting...one thing that I love about staying home is all my time to paint and not feel rushed. Sometimes it's ok to be dang proud of yourself, and I am! The Little Women (old movie) soundtrack and painting is my therapy lately. 
-Church at home
-Clean dining table and a messy playful dining table.





















No comments:

Post a Comment