Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Thomas' Blessing

We blessed little Thomas on Sunday March, 15th in our home surrounded by the family we have here! We missed so many family members far away who couldn't make it. My sweet Grandpa couldn't make it either since he had a cold, and that felt unusual to have a baby blessing without him there. We didn't plan on waiting 4 months after he was born to bless him...but life happens. I actually loved blessing an "older" baby since we could interact with him and get the cutest photos of him smiling in his outfit! I think they are my favorite. 

It took me a while to decide to bless him in our home...something that I wish was different about myself is the fact that I get anxious when hosting things in my home. My other children tend to be way more hyper and then there is the house prep...and then what food to make?! I can just work myself up over it. Thankfully the kids slept over at my mother-in-law's house while we prepped for the blessing. LIFE SAVED. 

It was such a sweet day. His blessing was perfectly tailored to him. Just the sweetest most special little babe. We have a lot to be grateful for. Thomas Lyle, you are a loved boy! 



















After, we walked to try and find some green places in our neighborhood to take photos..which didn't turn out super well. But we loved the walk with family! Then we went over to Alex's parents for a little church lesson and to take the sacrament. Taking the sacrament at home with our dearest loved ones around was special. I hope our kids know how amazing that was.



 Thank goodness for uncles! I know that having us there for dinner isn't the easiest task...but we are so thankful and love seeing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment