Saturday, March 21, 2020

Art heals

I've been this way my whole life...enamored by pretty things, trinkets, art, furniture, fabric, textures. I think I get it from my Grandmas because their homes were always filled with those and it just felt comfy to me. Safe. Homey. Calm. Peaceful. There was always a story behind a decor item or art piece. On my dads side both my grandma and great grandma (we call her great Bea...oh man. I thought for sure I could use that name for a daughter, but I don't think thats in the cards for us.) were artists. They created the most beautiful paintings, one of which I was lucky to snag for my home. 

This week has brought every single emotion that a person could possibly feel (that's slightly dramatic but true) I've gone from feeling like I'm on top of the world to the lowest of the lows. I can't go to my own brothers wedding next week and everyday it gets closer to their wedding, I'm even more sad than the day before. I LOVE WEDDINGS! Everything about them, but the sealing is the sweetest part of it all. To witness that and feel of Gods love for those two people is just something that brings me great joy. So I'm very sad about that. I'm hoping that one day we can throw a big celebration for them. I know it's very hard for them too so I'm trying to put on a happy face--but it's been so tough. Back to the art--yesterday was quite a day. I went from trying to plan meals, to workouts, to school schedules, to church for Sunday...and then I got VERY sad for all the missionaries being sent home. WHAT IS HAPPENING. So it all came crashing down. Pair those feelings with the usual fighting children and bored children, and it didn't go very well. I'm pleased to say that I didn't get mad at anyone, but I cried a lot. A lot of overwhelm consumed me.

This morning I woke up and the same heavy feeling came right back. I decided to print off some coloring pages for the kids and joined right in. I put some church music on and we all just colored for a while. Those little pictures of art healed me right then and there. My mood had flipped and the world felt colorful again. I felt light. It's going to be ok. 

The hard days will still come but there is always joy. and art. So we will be ok. I've been listening to more and more church talks too and those bring great comfort. 


 Thomas has made all the hard days just so much better. He is the happiest and easiest baby...but so was Peter HAHAHAHAH Jokes on me.

 I always "try" and rock him to sleep but we always end up standing there and looking at our shadow. I love him. 
 Peter plays hard and sleeps hard every single day.

 I've got a whole slew of posts just dedicated to this man right here. He's just so so good.



 Left some happy notes for others to enjoy


 My favorite piece of art lately
 Craft day







He always wants his blanket ON his face...so I sneak in and move it to the side. Have I mentioned we are all obsessed with him?

No comments:

Post a Comment