"Gloom and Gray surrounds us, but our home is full of light. Winds may push against these walls, but our faithful hands push back. With courage and hope and squared up shoulders, we watch the storm approach. Our home is strong, our beams are set. We stand with a soft assurance that we don't face it on our own. We shelter our children, our light, our warmth while we brace with all our might. It's constant, but it's easy-with strength beyond our own. The light, the beauty, the love that grows within these walls we cherish and we hold. We borrow them from Christ as we kneel and ask from guidance from above. These walls of hope, these beams of faith, are held in place by the arms of God."
- Amber Eldredge
I saw this quote today posted (extremely grateful for social media these days, lots of thoughts, but for now, just grateful) and I knew I had to write it down. Our world is turning upside down lately and it's hard to know how to help others. I wish I could do it all, serve my family and everyone else. I'm starting within the walls of our home during this time and trying my best.
Small peaceful moment that made the start of my day a little better. I'll be sad when those flowers die.


No comments:
Post a Comment