Friday, June 30, 2017

The Last Day in June

 Today was one of those days where I felt overrun, overstimulated, and just plain tired! All of our days blend into 1 long week out here, so I actually really never know what the date is. So today I panicked a little when I realized tomorrow is July 1st. I cannot believe that half of the year is gone. Anyways, I scrambled to find us something to do on the 4th of July. (hoping I'm brave enough to drive downtown with the kids and catch a parade) and then it was off to grab donuts with the kids. One of my many, many weaknesses are donuts. I don't think I can adequately explain my love for them on here. I found a really good donut shop here in town, and of course it's cute, and of course I didn't take a picture because my stage of life is a tad crazy out in public. But...it was cute! And the donuts were amazing, so that's a win in my book. 
After, we headed straight home for naps. I really wish Laney would take more naps, but we are lucky if we can get that #threenager to nap once a week. Peter slept great, and we had a pretty good quiet time. I indulged in a book I've been reading on parenting. I am currently reading 2 of them, plus a million podcasts...so I'm sort of buried in that right now. As I should be. I feel like I need to write a whole different post on what I'm learning, but so far I'm loving it! When Peter was awake from his nap, each child was crying over something different. And then Laney bit Crew on his back...and that was the breaking point for us all. Guess what though? I didn't completely lose it. At all. (praise those books) Instead, I said calmly and sweetly, "Ok guys! We are going to all sit in a circle and go around and tell each person what we love about them!" (which came out of nowhere. I was surprised that I came up with that. Ha!) Crew and Laney both looked at me with huge, and confused eyes. It worked. They said the sweetest things about each other right after they just had this gigantic meltdown. It was one of those times where I felt all of us encircled in the arms of Heaven above for a moment. This is what it's all about! Sibling rivalry is real, and we are entering into that stage. It's so so hard, and something that I wish we didn't have to go through. I'm just trying my hardest to make sure that my kids love each other, and think the world of each other. We will have good moments and I am going to record all that I can about them! So today was great. 

I really love these 3, and I especially love watching Peter try to keep up with the older two.

No comments:

Post a Comment