Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Not-So-Little

*I wrote this a few months ago, but never posted it. Sure love this boy.*



I haven't documented snippets of the kids lives here lately, and the feeling that I need to hasn't gone away! There is so much that I want to write about for each child. They are all so similar, yet so unique! They are growing all too fast. Each day I swear each of them learns something new, says a new witty/hilarious comment, or just looks older. 


CREW- Oh this boy of mine. He's the oldest. The first, and our little guinea pig for parenting. (sorry bud) I can't help but just feel so much love for him. He is at a stage where he feels things very deeply. He is emotional and very strong-willed. I love his creative mind. Crew is always thinking of things that he can make his "treasures." When he is extremely tired or bored, he finds his way to my lap and snuggles for a long time while saying comments like, "oh mom, you are just the cutest girl I ever saw." "you are so beautiful." "Mom I love you so much. SO MUCH!" I could go on, but basically he just has the sweetest heart. He never fails to tell me that he loves me everyday. I know he means it. His favorite things to do right now are playing school, bank (this is his favorite), bad guy, doctor and coloring. Since we moved to the new house he has loved playing outside. He digs in the dirt by the garden boxes. He has his rock collection out there that non of us can go near. (this is what I love about kids. They take something so pointless, and turn it into something so meaningful and dear to them.) Little knick-knacks (my jewelry) are some of his favorite things to play with. He really clings tight to his friends. Luckily he met a new friend across the street who is his age. That's been a life saver for us! They love playing together. Crew is all about preschool. He goes to Miss Jenny's class, and loves everything about her and learning. Although I will say that his progress report (HA) came home and she noted that he refuses to sing any of the songs, and that he is struggling to remember the days of the week, and months of the year. So we are trying to work on those...but that's where his strong-willed personality works against us. (and his teacher) When he doesn't want to do something, there is no bribing him! I'm very curious to see how this works in elementary school. 

Crew loves going to church every Sunday. We had a family night where we talked about testimonies and read the Testimony book with the white glove. He is all about that stuff. I've noticed that he is a visual learner. He doesn't forget anything! He is so sweet when it comes to Gospel related things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment