Signing Laney up for the dance at the local rec center was really fun for the both of us. We had a fun group of girls from the ward that were doing it too so that made it even better! Laney would ask every day for "dance class" and looked forward to Tuesdays so she could actually go! It worked out perfectly to take Crew to school at 8:30am and then drive over to dance at 9am. We loved going somewhere those mornings! Us moms weren't allowed to watch the girls in their classroom, so we often peeked through the window as much as we could. Laney wouldn't dance much, but I could tell she was loving it. She would just sit/stand with a giant smile planted right on her face the whole time.
The last day of the course was their recital. I was very curious as to what I would see during their tiny little performance. We were lucky to have Tara come watch too, and Laney was just so cute and shy about that little fact. It was like she was just so proud to have her grandma come watch her! So dang cute. She danced a little, but mostly stood smiling at us the entire time. It was adorable. She loved waving her wand around too. Needless to say, I am so glad we did this little intro to dance this year. She seriously keeps asking for "dance class" so I need to figure out what the plan is for that once we move home!
There is nothing better than watching my kids participate in activities they love. I can see now why my parents did everything they could to make it to all of our performances and games! It's addicting!
I love seeing all my friends taking photos of their daughters. I've got the best group of gals to mom with these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment