I love that Crew jumped right in, to light his other sparkler from Laney's sparks.
There is so much to write about this day! We were all feeling a little sad because we were missing both our families back home so much. I grew up every summer going to Utah for the big parade and endless cousin sleepovers for 2 weeks straight, so anything out of the ordinary just takes some getting used to. Even though we've been doing sales for 6 summers now, the 4th never gets any easier! Yesterday I was listening to another podcast (slightly addicted) and I decided that I get to choose how the day went. (shocker right?) So I sent an uplifting text to Alex, and got the kids really excited for a festival downtown.
Alex ended up selling really well, and came home at 4pm! We headed to dinner, and then downtown. See, Crew had this festival built up in his mind that included children's games, cotton candy and bounce houses. We arrived, and there was none of that! I felt really bad because we already didn't go to a parade, and now the festival was a blow. (too hot, overcrowded, beer everywhere) Luckily we met up with a family from our ward who we LOVE, so that turned our night around!
We gave the kids some sparklers, and just enjoyed time together! Zach and Lindsey came too, and it was so fun being all together! Lydia is seriously the happiest, and best baby I have ever seen. Crew is still convinced that she doesn't know how to cry ha ha. We took some photos of Meredith and Crew together. Us moms were gushing all over their cuteness! We secretly wish that we could use these photos again during their wedding video, we will see about that! We've loved being with the Ballard family out here! They are in our ward, and Brady used to work with us at Medsource Pharmacy in UT. Small world!
I thought for sure the kids would love the fireworks. Crew did last year! But all 3 of them cried 98% of the time. It was really funny, and really sad at the same time. I did enjoy Peter clinging to me all night with his head buried in my chest. I don't get enough of that these days from that busy body.
We ended the night carrying tired bodies into their beds and crossing our fingers that they would sleep till 10am! They woke up at 8:30am, so that's good enough. I love being with these people, and I love being able to celebrate our freedom. So grateful for that!

























No comments:
Post a Comment