This trip to the beach was so fun for our little family. We booked a hotel right on the beach, and got as sandy as we could in the little time we had. Oh how I wish we had longer there! I felt so thankful that Alex spent his Sunday off with us, doing something that require a lot of his energy. We woke up early Sunday morning and drove down to South Carolina to a ward that started at 11am. Me being me--wasn't really too excited to do that because I knew that I would end up right in the hall instead of in church. Sleeping in, and then slowly driving to the beach sounded like a better plan, but my sweet husband made sure we got to sacrament meeting on time. Seriously I scored a good one. (don't worry, I was still very much in the hall the whole time, and so anxious to get to the beach. Ooops)
We met up with the rest of our Crew down on the beach and the kids had the time of their lives! Except for Laney Kate. It made me sad to see her so scared of the water. She was very content playing under our umbrella in the hot, dry sand 100% of the time. Next year is your year sweets!
Peter however was in heaven. Eating the sand, laying in it, running to the waves, laughing, and just plain happy. Moments like these make all the vacation prep worth it!
After a few hours in the sun, we ventured over to the waterpark that our hotel had. Honestly when I pictured Myrtle Beach, I had pictured something more...quaint...and nice? Instead...think spring break in Rocky Point Mexico. We just overall weren't that impressed. Since being there, I have heard that North Carolina beaches are much nicer than South. Taking notes for next time!
Lydia was so content just sleeping through all the fun. She's seriously the best baby I've ever seen!
We had sand everywhere for days after we got home. This little boy was covered in it.
It was so much fun seeing Crew in his element. It brought me back to my days living in Florida when our parents would take us to the beach every weekend with friends. I was 4 at the time, but I remember how fun it was to collect seashells, and play in the ocean with my dad! Such good memories. Crew currently still has his entire seashell collection on his dresser. Love that boy.
Nothing like a beach trip without this air couch! Came in handy, and I just have to laugh that it's plastered with "vivint" all over.
Excuse my overly-excited-mom face, but I love seeing these 3 nakies in the tub together. So much sand in that tub, and I highly doubt that taking the bath was very effective...but they loved it.
This will go in my "Black & White collage wall" photo album until I can decide where to plaster these gems all over my wall. These boys have such a good dad.
Trying to get her to come closer to the water. Loved catching this sweet moment between them. Seriously my heart swells for the both of them!
The beach wore this boy out hard. He slept on me the entire hour or so at dinner. Which made it very hard to eat, but SO worth it. I love when this hyperactive boy chills out for a second.
Exploring a cute part of the shops. I can't wait to go back to the beaches over here. There are so many great spots (so I've heard) and so many quaint towns. We need to come back with just us Al!


















No comments:
Post a Comment