I stumbled upon these pictures on Alex's computer today. I had no idea they were on here! Crew is Laney's same exact age here. They look so different but still look like siblings to me. I think it's the mouth?
Oh what I would give to go back to this little Kentucky summer and squish his little body.
I was reading my one of my favorite blogs tonight and came across this post. I loved every single word she wrote. I have so many of the same feelings she does when it comes to being a mother and the day-to-day tasks. Like telling Crew not to touch his bum for the thousandth time! or when he doesn't share with Laney and thinks it's ok to push her down. Having two kids is so crazy sometimes...but I knew that going into this experience. They are also best friends though. Every single day when Laney goes down for her morning nap--Crew puts his foot down and gets so upset that she has to sleep. When she wakes up, he runs right in, but first looking at me to make sure I give him the "ok." I love hearing them giggle on the baby monitor and Laney growling at him. He thinks it's so funny.
I took the top left picture tonight as I was doing the dishes. I felt immediately grateful that I have two sets of feet to look at and little hands running their toys all over my legs. I felt so overwhelmed with gratitude for my life right then. I'm known for getting in a slump over staying home with kids all day, but tonight it hit me that I am so lucky. So so lucky to be their mom. I get to be the one to kiss Crew's owie on his knee a million times a day, or hold them when they are tired or cranky. I love creating a sanctuary here at home for them. I used to be upset that we had to move every summer because it doesn't feel like "home." I am starting to feel that this is our home for moment, and I think they are too.
I go to the grocery store a lot--like way too much. We live practically next door to Walmart so I just make a ton of small trips. I see so many kids who are not being treated right by their parents. (obviously if it was physical I would do something about it) They are always being yelled at, and I have heard some pretty irrational empty threats thrown out too. I am by no means perfect at all--but it just makes me reflect and ask myself how I am doing as a mother. Am I throwing out empty threats? or not making my kids feel safe sometimes? What do other's think of me in public with my kids? I hope good things. I really try hard to keep it together in public...Crew is getting so much better though so that helps me a ton.
We went to Target today in hopes that I could spend a giftcard on myself there. I tried on so many dresses, shirts and swimming suits. Crew was my little judge and would say "yes" or "no" to the item. He pretty much vetoed everything. So I ended up buying them a little toy to play with, and one that I have been dying to get them. They love it. Tonight on Pandora-"Old McDonald" came on and Crew was so excited! He kept trying to sing it and was pointing to his little farm. I love how his brain works. One of the songs from "Little Mermaid" came on too and he was even more happy about that one. He loves that movie. He came up to me and said, "mom! a mermaid song! Arizona! a mermaid show!" He remembers watching it at our house in Arizona. Again--I just love his little mind. The wheels are always spinning.
Crew and Laney-doo I love youuuuuuuu.
xoxo


Its so crazy to look at those pictures of Crew - I feel like that was yesterday! Sad I am missing this summer of seeing Laney grow so much too. Love that they are little friends!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of the mother you are to those two little ones. It really helps to remember how fast the days fly by, especially when you are having a particularly rough one! Crew reminds me so much of Alex....so your'e in for quite a ride! ha ha.....
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of the mother you are to those two little ones. It really helps to remember how fast the days fly by, especially when you are having a particularly rough one! Crew reminds me so much of Alex....so your'e in for quite a ride! ha ha.....
ReplyDelete