I feel that I blog about the same things all the time! Yesterday we went to a park that was kind of far from us, so today I found one that is 7 minutes away from us.
Crew is so funny when we are getting ready to leave to go somewhere. All of the sudden he becomes very helpful, asks a million questions and randomly laughs because he is so excited to leave. Poor kid! I promise we do get out of the house at least once a day. Crew loves the park so much though.
This bridge was wiggly and Crew was saying, "oh scary" the whole time he would walk across. He is at such a funny age. The other day in the car he said, "Oh my dosh mom! The sky is Blue!" haha I laughed hard for a good minute. We try to get him to say "goodness" but we lost that little battle. Plus he says the ending of "goSH" so it doesn't sound too bad.
I love that Laney is old enough to play on the playgrounds now. She loves exploring and always has such a serious or curious look on her face. She observes all the kiddos running around and probably wishes she could play with them too.
Her little body is just so cute to me. I love this age.
I love how she sucks in her bottom lip. Her chin is 100% her dads, and I love it.
Crew met a little boy at the park and of course followed him everywhere.
I can't believe how fast these two are growing.
That bottom lip again.
We had fun.
Somedays I wish there was more "depth" to my blog. I don't read fashion blogs because they lack serious depth. I know that's how they are supposed to be, but I love reading blogs because I can learn from people, and their experiences. I love the real moments and honestly I could careless about what they are wearing, or what their home looks like. It's all about the writing to me and catching up on their life!
I feel that sometimes I don't want to be too real on here or "vulnerable" because it might be too personal or maybe a bit negative--but it's my journal, and it's a great venting tool for me!
Lately it has been rough stuff at our house. Al works all day and trains his guys in the morning before the meeting--so we don't see much of him. It makes me wonder why we even came out, but I know that we are a great support to him during this tough job. Crew isn't taking that too well lately. He constantly asks to go on an airplane to Arizona or a long drive to Utah. He will come up to me randomly throughout the day and list all of our family members by name and ask to go to their house. I just kneel down at his eyes and tell him that this is temporary and we will be in Arizona soon. He just doesn't have a concept of time yet. Obviously. There are days where I am super positive about this lifestyle and days where you do not even want to be around me, or even ask about it. Trust me. I have been hustling to finish my institute makeup work and that's been taking up my days a lot. So of course Crew is watching Netflix most of the day.
I swore to myself before I had kids that I wouldn't raise my voice or have contention in my home. Well that's been a huge fail. Crew has been acting out by being so mean to Laney and making her cry a lot. So there are lots of time-outs at our house. And crying....by all of us!
When I truly think about our life though--I feel terrible for even having any of these thoughts. We live in a military town and so many wives have to say bye to their husbands for months or years at a time. They are single moms for that long and barely have good communication with their husbands...and I sit here and complain about moving WITH my spouse 4 months out of the year. Then during the year we get to see him often, and he is able to not feel pressure to go out a find another job until the next summer. This job doesn't sit well with a lot of people-and I know that, but it could always be worse. The grass is never greener on the other side. (that took me a while to grasp) With any job there are always sacrifices and curve balls thrown into the mix. I am just always so grateful that I don't have to go out and get a job, that doesn't mean I don't want to, but I'm lucky to stay home with the kids.
I'm grateful I have such supportive parents though through all of this. They know when to kick me in the rear and tell me how it is. They weren't too fond of complainers growing up. (I have a pretty awesome hubs too)
Things will pick up once the pool opens up. Cannot wait for that!














I showed Trent the photos your posted and he said, "I want Abbie to take our family pictures from now on." And of course, I completely agree! Except that we are a thousand miles apart! And we will be in AZ at the end of July/beginning of August, but I think you guys will still be selling still, right?! Well, loved your blog post! Also, can I get your address!? You can text me or FB it to me! Thanks!
ReplyDelete