Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday Musings

Today started out with a little boy kicking me in the face waking me right up! Poor buddy coughed all night long and kept tossing and turning. This asthma stuff will kick ya right in the behind. It's something I shouldn't take lightly and I'm slowly learning that. Any teeny cold he catches blows into a big asthma flare-up over the next week or so. We do breathing treatments and such-but occasionally a trip to the ER is needed. (this is why taking him to the gym daycare and nursery just stresses me out to no end-sure I would love to work out but dealing with his colds is not worth it. and yes, every time I have taken him to the gym he has caught a cold...mostly because he still puts toys in his mouth...) Combine that with a little boy who doesn't nap anymore or eat healthy foods and you have yourself a little disaster of a toddler. Today I found myself pouring one too many bowls of Lucky Charms because I hadn't eaten all day. 

Some things he has said Lately:
C-"my tummy hurt."
M-"ok do you need to go poo-poo on the toilet?"
C-"no I all better mommy" 
This child of mine does not want anything to do with potty training. He had accidents the other day most of the day and I finally put a diaper on him. It's not something I can force upon him, but boy am I over changing toddler bums. (hoping that this summer we can crank that out)

C-"I lirsty!" (thirsty), "I hungryyyyyy" He is hungry a lot because he refuses to eat what I make. I'm at a loss for this kiddo and his food. Today I picked out all of the marsh mellows in the lucky charms so he would eat them. (I know..totally not ok)

We were at Anthro the other day and every time I said " I love this shirt" or "I want that!" (which was sadly way too often) Crew would chime in after, "I love this shirt too mom" "I want that candle too mom!" 

Laney had a blow out the other morning and Crew watched me change her saying:
"EWWWWW Laney Doo!" 
" OH MY GAHHHHH" (something we are working on is saying goodness...but he hasn't caught on yet)

Laney is also teething so she has only taken a few naps today but each lasting 20 minutes. She is totally wearing herself out and it's so sad. She still manages to smile a ton and be happy. She is loving sweet potato puffs and some baby biscuits. It's so fun for me to watch her eat...I'm slightly obsessed with her. 


 Getting ready for summer is so much fun with this girl! Can't wait to see her outside in all her suits. 
 First time sitting in the cart like a big girl--she wasn't too impressed.
 Playing animals with cousin Hazel. She is one fierce lion! 
Showing off her yummy belly to us! 
 Hazel is a little obsessed with baby Laney too and it's adorable
 Just reading books with my boy. He is so into books these days which makes a good time for the both of us. We have gone to the bookstore a lot which is normally so stressful for me, but lately it has been better. I'm pretty sure I am only buying the children's books for me because I can't get enough of them. I love children's books so so much. I can't wait till I can read my kids chapter books...I am so close to buying the series' that I loved growing up so that I can re-read it with them someday!
 While dad was away last week, we went to Butterfly World with family! I'll be honest-it was a little pricy to go see some butterflies flying around-but I would go again! There environment is so pretty and Crew loved it. 
 Laney proceeded to grab that butterfly ^^^ and we had to pry it out of her hands. Crew also managed to step on one there too...ooops.
 Crew kept grabbing Gramma Lamb's hand and taking her everywhere while blabbering random things to her. 

Last week was so long-it always is when a special someone is out of town, but I'm grateful for how hard he works for our family. We try to keep busy by going to the bookstore, the park, or another fun place. I am thankful that our life is so simple right now. I have time to do all of these things whenever we want during the day. I love the freedom of not having to go anywhere either. I know that there will come a point where I won't have this luxury anymore. 

Off to go plan some scouting things and eat too many sleeves of Ritz crackers because someone is out of town again--glad we could see each other for a little bit today! 

1 comment:

  1. Abbie. This post seriously made me laugh out loud so many times! It is so true what we will do for sanity.

    ReplyDelete