Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Memory Lane

Every so often I whip out my hard drive and scroll through the thousands of pictures I have on there. I cannot believe how far we have come since Alex and I met each other. In 3.5 short years, we have accomplished many great things and it's been wonderful. Stay a while if you want to read on...it's long. 

 My endowment in the Bountiful Temple-what a wonderful day with a lot of family around us. 
 Our first trip as a married couple to San Francisco! It really was a blast and we loved it...except for the fact that I was a super stubborn, impatient and rude little wifey. 
 We both didn't know why I was so snappy haha we laugh about it now--but man did it almost ruin our trip. Please tell me I'm not the only moody..sometimes rude wife? I apologized! 
 Guess what we learned when we got back? That I was pregnant with Crew...like 7 weeks along that whole trip. Sooooo yea my mood totally made sense after we discovered that little babe inside of me. (at least I like to blame it on pregnancy...pull that card whenever ya can I guess)
Such children we were. Heck we still are! 
 First summer sales experience in Greensboro, NC. I totally miss that place. Certain smells remind me of our apartment there, my pregnancy with Crew, or the grocery store that I shopped at...weird?
 Pictures are out of order...but this was out in Springfield, MO. I was so ready to give birth to Laney. We went to the pool a lot, but Crew hardly got in. Luckily towards the end of the summer he finally got used to it.

 My almost 1 year old!

 Our summer out in Louisville, KY! It was a super low key summer and I loved it. Crew and I went on walks to Walgreens a lot, the mall or the Zoo. We would have breakfast at the little breakfast room above the hotel lobby. (we lived in an extended stay for 4 months...it wasn't too bad, but thinking back, I would never do that again) It was so so green and so beautiful. I had a few little breakdowns thinking we were really going to get sucked up by a tornado though...
 I do miss our cleaning ladies who would come daily. I never knew when they were coming so there were a few times they walked in on Crew and I taking naps. I gave a Book of Mormon to one maid at the end of summer after assuring her that mormons don't have horns or a million spouses. That was a funny conversation. I had to tell her that we do believe in Jesus Christ! She thought it was so neat that I would just randomly give her a book! So funny. 
 I miss the simplicity of having only Crew and I in this little hotel. It's where he learned to crawl and stand up on furniture...along with a few bumps and bruises on those harsh coffee tables! I miss his baby legs more than you know.
 Uncle Zach comes home in June. Crew looked like this when he left...so so so weird. We are so excited for him to meet Crew again! 
 I squished those cankles so much. 
 Our first 4th of July. 
 He was and still is such a climber. Look how CHUBBY he was! 
 Oh I loved his hippo teeth. I love love love baby square teeth. 

 Our home in Eagle Mountain which I miss so very much. I really would live there again. So many good memories and I loved how small it was. I could keep an eye on Crew and have a hold on the messes. It wasn't so overwhelming. I love small spaces. 

 Oh Laney Kate. I feel like she was born yesterday but it was 7 months ago..as you already know. Her birth went by so fast that I don't even remember most of it. Too fast for me my dear. It was all a blur...literally. And I still think it's weird you were born in Springfield Missouri. I miss your squishy face. Newborn smells and little quiet peeps. Now your quite the loud girl! 
This will be forever a favorite in my book. Crew had a hard time adjusting to a new body around so naturally he thought everything belonged to him...even if she was using it. Clearly. 

Well that's all for now..until I decide to do this again. I'm grateful for these photos and memories. 



1 comment:

  1. I love how often you take pictures. I need to be better at that! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete