The days after getting home from a trip can either be great because I am itching to get back to my routine...or not so great because I am missing family and the great time we had with them.
I have loads of laundry to do...only doing the whites though because, well, you know...those take priority in our house. The rest can wait.
(that's one of my goals for 2015. Do laundry start to finish asap)
I love my kids (whaaaat? I have two)
They are stinkin' cute and so fun to be with....except when their not. Did I just admit that? Our life is far from perfect folks. Well, ok I think our baby might be pretty close to perfect but the rest of us are not!
I needed to take these photos so that when she is two years old and telling me to go to my room, I can look back and remember how innocent and sweet she was.
and remember those yummy baby "boobies" along with her pursed lips...
Crew can be so sweet with her and so loving and then bam, he turns into another human...well just a toddler, ya know-a normal one. The other day he pointed to me and yelled "GO IN ROOM MAMA!" Basically putting me in time out. It's already starting!
He is generally a good little kiddo, but I need to work on being a patient mama...
I need these pictures to go back to on the super hard, and long days (aka summer) and remember that motherhood is shaping me into the woman I promised somebody that I would become.
Reflecting on this year has opened my eyes a lot to how short this life really is. So much has happened to those around me...people have lost family members, lost their jobs, left the church, and I take all of those things for granted. My family, my husbands job, and my faith in the church. Those things are just so good to me that I have an extremely hard time when they aren't going so well for others. I truly feel for them and want to help them in anyway that I can. I think that 2015 will be a great year, because I will make it one. We will have hard times, and wonderful times too. I'm choosing to make the best of things (summer...) and be grateful for what I have. We are all facing silent battles that no one notices. This next year I want to give people the benefit of the doubt and choose to be a kinder person. I cannot believe how fast this year went for me. It scares me a little. Did I make the best of it? Did I pray enough? Did I read enough? Did I reach out to others? All I know is that with little kids running around my home the days go by so slow but the years whiz by. This time next year I will have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. My little sunbeam and nursery girl. Insane.
I hope 2015 is good for you. I honestly, truly do!











Sweet thoughts and darling pictures!
ReplyDelete