Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas 2014

[Christmas Eve]

We were so lucky to spend so much time with family in the short time that we were there. The kids had a blast and there was no shortage of kisses and cuddles for them!
We went to my aunts house Christmas eve and did a white elephant exchange. 
As you can see...Crew obviously had a few break downs...which was entertaining. 


I don't think that Laney could have received anymore cuddles than she did on this trip! 
These two people loved on her a lot.  




[Christmas Day]

Sorry for the picture overload, but there were just too many moments I couldn't pass up!
My parents love the grandkids and went all out for them! <well mainly Crew> 
The anticipation we all felt the night before was so exciting. We kept telling Crew that Santa Claus was coming and that he was bringing him presents. He would get so excited and pace the house repeating that line. 
I think he thought that he was really coming and that he would get to see him in person (ha ha) Every time that someone would knock on the front door...Crew would run up and say "Santa Claus?!"
So yea...we need to figure out how to get a real santa to come next year!

 We woke him up at 7am Christmas morning and all I whispered into his ear was "Santa came Crew!" and that boy was out of his deep sleep faster than I could count. 

He waited so patiently for papa to open all of his toys
 Then he waited in excitement for everyone else to open their gifts...and then he got tired of that, and just wanted it to be his turn!

 Little Laney doo woke-up and loved all of the lights, wrapping paper, and toys getting passed around the room. 

 This was one of my moms Christmas presents from Seth. This kid never fails to make us laugh. "I love when you make me do stuff all by myself." 
 Crew in all of his Christmas glory!



 Crew and Laney were in heaven while we were there. I only held Laney to feed her, and then back she went in someone else's arms. 

 Her faces kill me


 This guy sure knows how to pull of a surprise, one that had my mom and I in tears. My mom was just so happy and got all caught up in the moment...


 It snowed Christmas day which was a big deal. It hadn't really snowed in Utah the whole season...so it was pretty magical to wake up to a white Christmas. 
 He was too excited to play in the snow and build Olaf (which we never did) but he needed some snow gear!
 Cutest thing ever right? Those snow bibs were from when I was his age. So crazy. 



Then we made it home from my aunts house just in time to Skype Elder Lamb!




 The only decent picture we snapped of us four the entire trip--I think it turned out pretty cute
 He is doing incredibly well. It is so nice to have that privilege to talk with him for a few hours. (minus the fireworks that were going off in the background...which made it tough to hear) He has matured so much on his mission-which I didn't even think was possible for this kid. He is wise beyond his years and has always acted older than he was. He shared some great messages with us, and loves his mission. I don't think he wants to come home...really! Crew loved seeing him. Whenever I ask him where Uncle Zach is, he says "Mission, Church" so he sort of understands where he is. 
 GG and Laney...and when did Laney get so big? She is 4.5 months now!

 So we wanted a picture with Zach, and thought this would turn out...but where is Zach? Ooops.


 My moms house was pretty magical this year!
 Grandma tickling her and finally getting some real belly laughs...which made this mama happy!
 She loves her older brother to say the least. Whenever he is in the room her face lights up, she kicks her feet so hard, and follows him with her eyes. It's the cutest thing. 


Then we were off to Arizona in a plane filled with way too many people and one grumpy girl who wouldn't nurse...but wouldn't stop screaming. Lets just say that a few nasty glares were exchanged between some people and I through the tears coming out of my eyes. Luckily she finally fell asleep...but folks-when a baby is screaming on an airplane, please do not look at the mother and definitely do not make eye contact. It only makes the situation worse. 

We felt so lucky to be able to spend Christmas in Utah this year. So thankful for our Savior and his birth. We read the Christmas story on Christmas Eve and my gratitude was stronger than ever. We are so blessed to have our children around us, and our family during this time of year. I am so excited for when my kids understand and can really appreciate Christmas for what it truly is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment