I really need to go to bed, but if I do, then I'll never get around to posting! I'm awful at putting my thoughts into words...eloquently. We have been busy over the last few weeks trying to soak up as much time with Al as we could before he left for work! We took a trip to the zoo, and went swimming a few times. I feel so grateful to have the husband that I do. You could say that we all miss him greatly around here. I've even had those "what if he died" cries...you know, where you can't catch your breath through your tears? Yah that cry. I'm so dramatic. Honestly though, I am learning to appreciate the little things more, and moments I have with my family. So much so, that I dropped classes this semester. They were turning me into a mean wife and mom. The family doesn't need that. School will always be there.
On to pictures!
Random phone snaps of the week. Laney sure misses her dad. I love peter so so much. So much chub to pinch. I also included our "last supper." Our last meal before Alex took off. After the meal came the bawl session that we all had. Rough stuff. The kids didn't even know how to handle it! haha
^^^This is how we are surviving the heat this summer.^^^
Best purchase.
This girl! She's quite the sneaky little girl.
She always has to help push the stroller. So helpful Laney doodle.
They spotted a prairie dog, and made a mad dash for that thing!
I love love love this boy! Tonight during bedtime stories I said that the bad guy was racing in his red car, Crew stopped me and said, "no, he was driving his mivi-van." ha! I love how he says "mini."
I think I waited so long to post these pictures because I knew that I would just miss the darn guy even more! He's the best dad. (with some dang good calfs...like what? where did those even come from. I'm a little jealous.)
I love the way Laney looks at her older brother. She wants to be just like him.
It wouldn't be a real zoo trip without a Camel ride. I swear this was Laney's idea. Literally. She was all over these things. It was so fun to watch them ride. They loved it. It's little moments like this that I live for! It makes me excited for family vacations in the future, and seeing our kids experience life.
Our days are so laid back, slow, and filled with lots of forts, toys, and movies. Just how we like it. Now I am just trying to figure out what church gym to join. (anyone else feel like that? too many gyms to choose from. Overwhelms me.) Geez. I just want to run and hide under my covers when I think about the gym. Going back after I have a baby is not the funnest. It makes it even harder since I'm doing this all solo. Gym daycares are nasty you guys...and Laney will just scream her head off. The other option costs an arm and a leg and comes with no daycare, and it's only twice a week. lame. I gotta pay for more days.
Here's to hoping that these next 3 weeks fly by!











No comments:
Post a Comment