This week I have been very aware of tender mercies happening within our life. Of course we have been missing Alex so much around here. Parenting alone for long periods of time is rough. For some reason this week, on social media, my feed has been filled with an abnormal amount of sad stories. Death of spouses, children, and extreme illnesses. I've read through them all and have felt so much love for the Plan of Salvation, and my simple testimony of the Gospel. My heart aches for the families that are going through these tough trials.
I've been feeling a little entitled this week to certain things because Alex is gone, and this job is just tough alone. After reading these stories, my perspective has completely changed. It's so important to embrace each day as if it were our last, and try so hard to do better the next day. Relationships are extremely important with our family and friends. A goal of mine that I feel is a lifelong process.
The flat tire I got on Tuesday, Laney's bout of sickness, and other little things are not going to ruin my life! I've been so dramatic about things, but our problems don't even compare to others. (trying not to jinx that..ha)
I guess I'm just trying to say how grateful I am right now for our stage of life. It is oh so simple.
Birthday parties are a huge hit around here. Love their little friends.
Sweet Laney got the stomach bug, and seems to be on the mend. I have loved her cuddles the last couple days. That's been a tender mercy. Her little sickness has caused me to slow down.
Grateful for Alex's dad who took Crew on his first camping trip. Love that duo. He had a blast.
I'm also grateful for Alex's dad because he came over this morning and killed a giant spider. It was big to me...and there was no way I was touching it.
I'm also grateful for Alex's dad because he came over this morning and killed a giant spider. It was big to me...and there was no way I was touching it.
Grateful that Peter boy can sit in this now! Trying to avoid a flat head at all costs :) Laney is a tad jealous that she has to share her baby gear with him now. P.S. I gave her the binky back. #fail. She's so much happier, and I needed her to have it.
So so thankful for Crew today. His calm demeanor and creative mind is exactly what I have been needing. He contently played alone today while I took care of sick Laney and whiney Peter. When they went to sleep, he came up to me, and had this brilliant idea to be Peter Pan. I happily put down what I was doing, and we dove into Neverland. He was so happy with the costume we pulled together. I love his imagination.
He also put new batteries in the remote last night, in the correct way, so he could watch a movie. He did this on his own while I was rocking Peter to sleep. Smart little cookie!
He's been into Cat in the Hat too lately and spent all Sunday reenacting a part from the book, where the cat is balancing everything on his body. So funny. I love that his mind catches things like this.
Lastly, this boy is the sweetest. He knows when I need a cuddle, and he knows when I also need him to take a 4 hour nap.
We miss our favorite guy so much around here. We see him in 1 week! Can't wait.
Last tender mercy was a friend of mine bringing us dinner tonight. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO GOOD AND NICE TO US?! I'm so thankful for her tonight.





No comments:
Post a Comment