Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Thoughts

Maybe one day I will write a post that doesn't involve a million posed pictures of my children. Quite honestly though---I'm not sure when that will be. Our "candid" moments are extremely crazy and almost make me want to pull my hair out :)
I scored Peter's crib off of a yard sale site for $50! I wasn't planning on buying a crib this soon, but I couldn't pass up a deal. Plus it matches Crew's dresser. I love it! 

Today was quite crazy but not as insane as it normally is. My mother-in-law came over, made cookies and kept me company for a good chunk of the day. She really is the best. AND she did the dishes...while I showered. Seriously it changed my day around. *thank you!*
I bathed the kids tonight and thought that the night was going well. (Alex was at a meeting) I got them dressed and let them play for a bit while I fed Peter. Well, I heard a loud bang in Crew's room and then Laney screaming. So I run down the hall with a nursing baby trying so hard to stay latched while I tended to Laney. She is very dramatic. I guess she fell off of the kids table and hit her head. She is fine but it was quite the scene. 
As a mother of 3 now, I have learned to keep my expectations quite low. 
Crew has sure given us a run for our money the last 2 weeks. It's all of the changes but he makes me feel that I don't even know how to parent anymore. I feel like I'm parenting myself when I was that age and from what I've heard...it was not easy. He really can be very sweet, so it's frustrating when he completely changes. 
Tonight one of my friends from our ward brought us dinner. She literally saved the day! I could just cry when I think of the women who have brought us meals. It really is the sweetest act of service that you could ever do for a mother. We have appreciated it more than they will ever know. 

I am still counting down the days for when I finish the Pathway program. It really has been great and I am so thankful for it! I just need to be home with my babies while Peter is this young. It's harder than I thought to sneak away 1 night a week for 2 classes. I sign up for BYU-I in the next few weeks and I'm starting to rethink how many credits I want to take. Having 3 small children is totally kicking my rear and I need my nights to wind down...not spend hours doing online classes, or else I might check myself into a mental hospital! *slightly kidding* I went to a family education night a few weeks ago at ASU where Elder Anderson spoke on education. It was exactly what I needed to hear and man alive am I so thankful for our Prophet and Apostles here on this earth. 

Random vent session over. 

I need a date with my husband...and a getaway, but I don't think that will happen soon! HA! 

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I have one...just one kid and i feel like I'm loosing it on a weekly basis so cut yourself some slack! You've been doing this for what 2-3 weeks now, you're going to be a pro in no time! Which is good because I'll need someone to look to as my babes slowly roll in :) PS Major snag on that crib, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for pictures of your adorable children!!! And I definitely agree that one of the greatest acts of service for me is a meal brought to my house. Oh man. It really is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete