Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tuesday Tangents



I've decided that writing is going to become my therapy because heaven knows I need some of that around here! Last weekend was absolutely insane. Alex was working all day Friday and Saturday. (being a bug guy-as Crew calls him, isn't as easy as we thought it was going to be...but we are learning) Actually anything worth it in life is not easy...like being a wife and mother amongst other things. I was looking forward so badly to a quiet Sunday morning while the gang was at church. I needed quiet time so much. So...in the middle of the night, Alex wakes up with this terrible cough and so did Crew. Alex literally sounded like death...of course nobody went to church. I was a tad bummed to say the least.

Sunday everything sort of exploded. I had a meltdown...finally after bottling it all up for a couple weeks. I'm pretty good at that. 3 kids is hard you guys. I think if we spaced them out a bit more it would be more...manageable...but still hard. So many little needs to go around and only two parents, well one that day, who could fulfill them. I sent Alex and the kids off to family dinner while Peter and I stayed home. I needed quiet for more than 5 whole minutes or else I was really going to go insane :)

It's Tuesday now and all is well. I have made dinner (what?!) the past 2 nights. My house is completely messy by the end of the day, but I have homework to do, so it doesn't get cleaned. That's something I'm learning to be ok with. All of these messes will be gone for good one day and I know I'll miss it. (I think...) I told Alex today that I am envious of moms who graduated college before they had kids, (there I said it) and I'm envious of moms who didn't go to college, but who are totally happy with that decision. I'm somewhere in the middle. I would regret it 100% if I quit right now, but I wish I wouldn't regret that choice if I made it. I'm doing everything half-way because my mind is occupied with so many things.

I still miss pregnancy and everything that comes along with it. Honestly. I love it way too much. My midwife is moving out of state so that totally stinks. I'm still not over that completely--I'm so weird.

Peter loves to nurse! I love it. I just wish he didn't love to nurse so much during the night...or love to be held so much during the night. Once he hits 6 weeks, I'm going to try my hardest to get him to sleep longer stretches.

Laney has almost gone 1 week without her binky. It breaks my heart! I miss seeing her with it so much. She is teething this week, so she is extra fussy. I know her binky would help, but it's time for her to give it up.

Crew is getting a little better. He was acting up a lot when the baby was born. We are trying to get him to listen to us still, which is a miss most days. One of these days I really am going to give away sell all of his toys if he doesn't clean them up. I know he know's how to clean. I've seen him :)

We are still discussing a minivan...which I seriously don't want to drive. I thought I did, but I've changed my mind. However, they are the most convenient vehicles on the planet earth.

I'm still so thankful for the meals being brought to us. People are so so nice. I love my ward and having family close by.


1 comment:

  1. Can you give me your love of pregnancy. I desperately need that right now, because I am not as optimistic about the whole process! It does help when you post pictures of Peter because I know I will have a sweet spirit fresh from heaven soon! Also. One day our houses will be clean{er}. Also, random compliment, but you really do have a talent for photography! Every picture you take, I absolutely love!

    ReplyDelete