Saturday, March 26, 2016

Easter Week

Oh the hopes I've had for this week. You know it's totally overwhelming and sometimes depressing seeing bloggers out there who seem to have it all together. This week I tried hard to make an effort to teach the kiddos about Easter and somehow mimic "Holy Week." Well we failed big time! Our family night at the Temple ended with everyone in tears..me included. Alex--not so much. It wasn't the good tears either. So I guess it's true that most family nights with young children end with someone upset or fighting. At least we tried! 

One day I randomly called up a friend to decorate Easter Eggs. I had the stuff so they just came over! I love the impromptu play dates. Well for the first hour they were here my friend literally wiped blood off of my kitchen floors (from Laney's toe), shaving cream off of the carpet and wiped up my sons mouth...which was full of blood. I was embarrassed to have her see how dirty my floors are. I was very vulnerable during that first hour...she saw the real Abbie come out a few times. That's scary! HA! I'm thankful I can be myself in front of her though. She saved the day!

Then it was on to decorating eggs...finally...

Love these littles! (I've got to figure out the exposure on C's face. haha...)
These girls are just too much. E full on talks and Laney doodle doesn't say much. It's pretty funny. 

The boys were over it and went off to play while the girls stayed to color eggs. Their hands were very colorful. 
I wish we go around to hunting eggs with Alex...I'm hoping to do that on Sunday! I'm excited for the kiddos to get their baskets. I just filled them with Gospel centered things. Hoping to make that tradition! I'm boycotting the candy part..but luckily my parents have that covered. (they are HERE! more on that...when I get around to posting about it.)

1 comment: