Thursday, October 22, 2015

Insomnia

With this pregnancy I have not been able to sleep all through the night quite yet...and I bet once it passes, then my restless legs will start acting up in the 3rd trimester, so that's why I'm up early most days. I guess it is sort of nice to be up before anyone else is! This little baby is extremely active during the night too so it's hard to fall asleep when you have a little body inside rolling around. :) So that's why I'm up so early writing this before I forget to do it! 

Yesterday Crew and I had dentist appointments (my husband is so good at setting those up. Seriously.) There were so many things that he said during the appointment that almost had me in tears laughing! When we first got there he wanted me to hold him up on the counter while I checked in. He said, "hey pick me up please...Hi, my name is Crew." Then when I laid down for my cleaning he scooted his rolling chair right up to my face and kept saying, "it be alright mom. It be ok." All while staring at me and raising his eyebrows up. A few different times he would place his hand on my tummy and say, "oh! The baby kicked!" (which it totally didn't) A song would come on and he would stop whatever he was doing and start dancing. WHO IS THIS KID?! He would not stop asking the hygienist what every single tool was either. 3 year old's are the best. Honestly...this has been a little better than 2 was for us. (but hey it's only been a month) 
 When it was his turn he was totally skeptical of the entire thing. He laid so still. Man it was so funny. 
 I feel like I have had a lot of "laney time" the past few days. One day Crew was with Grandma so we jumped on the chance to do some furniture shopping with only one child. So much easier than with 2! Not sure what I'm going to do when I have 3 running in different directions :) Laney knows when she has all of our attention and she sure eats it up. She loved trying out every single chair in the store...goodness! And she is quite the fast little runner these days. A few face-plants, but she was good. 
The other day I heard her knock something down and came to the stairs to find that she pulled the gate down and climbed over! Little stinker! Maybe it wasn't on so tight but she sure was proud of herself. 
 The weather was incredible yesterday. Laney is usually pretty happy but around 3 or 4 she becomes very irritable inside. Whenever I get the chance to let her roam around outdoors...that's what we do! Crew fell asleep inside so we went on a little walk so it was quiet while he slept. (her favorite thing to do when he sleeps is touch his face and scream at him. So we had to leave) 
 Her happy faces kill me! The outdoors seriously make her giddy. Also-I think that they should start making baby/toddler clothes in my size. So cute. 
We brought her baby and stroller along so she had something to play with. It was a hit. She loves that little doll of hers! She would stop to give it kisses and then it looked like she was trying to put the baby on her shoulders. Her brother does that a lot. We had a great day yesterday and we sure need way more of this nice October weather! I hope it's here to stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment