Monday, November 2, 2015

Madeline & Batman

I've been looking forward to this holiday for a while and I cannot believe it's over. It was so good to get together with both sides of our family this year. My family came down for a couple days and it was so needed! They just adore the kids (a little too much...buying them whatever they want!) and they made this holiday even more fun. I am totally not a huge fan of Halloween. It can get pretty scary & evil out there with all of the costumes...so I'm hoping I can keep helping telling my cute kids what to be every year. I wonder how long it will last. Crew has wanted to be Batman or Tarzan for a while...but when we found a Batman costume at Costco he was sold on that. Easy. With Laney she was either going to be "boo" from monsters inc. or some sort of fairy tale character but I wanted it to be unique. So I came up with Madeline! Scoured Pinterest for tutorials and that was that. Luckily her cousin Hazel was the same thing so Mariah and I carved out a few hours to crank these dresses out and we couldn't be more in love! I kept telling Alex how badly I wanted Laney to wear dresses and capes like this everyday...or at least for church. :) We had dinner at the Martinsen's house with my family there too before we set out for the candy! Before dinner Mariah pulled out a darling cake that said, "baby" on it and that made the night! They are having a little girl in April and we all so happy for them! Now we even have more of a reason to hang on to these little Madeline costumes! 

*disclaimer: Laney is not my favorite child...Crew was just too darn busy running around being Batman to take a picture. And I am picture happy so I followed this girl around for a bit until I was satisfied.*



 She knew exactly what to do with that pumpkin bucket. 

 Getting Laney to stand by Hazel for one picture was quite the task!

 Grandma Tara pulled out her Batman pajamas and Crew was in heaven with that! Grateful Mariah takes pictures too because I know that at least one of us will be able to take pictures family events. It's seriously so nice sharing that hobby together! 


It was such a fun night filled with way too much candy. I am kicking myself for not getting pictures of the kids with Alex and I or the grandparents. I am so bad at that. New year's goal for next year!

Now I am already trying to plan out ideas for next Halloween with 3 little kids in tow...3 blind mice? haha maybe not that...but I am so excited for it!  

1 comment:

  1. Laneys little smile slays me! So does Taras onesie costume! Go grandma!

    ReplyDelete