I'm sure you all wanted to see a million pictures of my Christmas Tree.
I had envisioned a peaceful morning with Christmas music in the background while we ALL help set up the tree. 'Cause that's totally realistic right? Especially with 2 kids running around.
But no, no that's not quite what happened. Now I know why my mom waited till we were in school to set up decorations for the Holiday's. I had forgotten how time consuming it was to put up a tree. Now I wish I was a perfectionist but I'm not. So in the last picture you will see that the Tree is lopsided. Totally fine.
15 month olds and Christmas Tree's do not mix. As much as I would love a full tree filled with ornaments, pinecones and other filler...I don't think it's worth me pulling her away from it constantly. She sweetly brings me ornaments throughout the day so now our tree is only decorated on the top. I don't know why I thought when she was a baby that she would be our "calm" child. That's not the case but we love her spunky attitude and independent little self.
She climbs on everything. It's only a matter of time before I catch her on the table. Really.
Crew loves this tree more than anything! His face was priceless as I was setting it up. His 3 Christmas presents already came and he knows they are for him. He says, "only for me. but only to Christmas." I love his little sentences. They make sense to me. We are starting the only 3 gifts for Christmas tradition because Christ only received 3 gifts from the wise men. I heard about it and fell in love! Growing up I will say that we all counted our presents and hoped we got more than the other...but that led to many fights Christmas morning. It is very hard not to buy the kids everything. There are so many things they would love, but this little tradition is giving me some self-control. We are just all so excited for Christmas!









I am so jealous your Christmas tree is already put up! I am waiting until we can purchase a real one but I might give in and just buy one! Cute family tradition by the way!!! Love love love your gift idea!
ReplyDelete