Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The BIG Move!

We made it to Missouri! Our team moved out here to finish the rest of the summer. I was hesitant with the move at first because I would have to find a new doctor at 35 weeks to see...but I found one! I haven't gone yet, but Im sure everything will be fine. We packed up on Saturday and drove Sunday through Monday. On Sunday we broke up the trip with a stop in Nauvoo, Illinois. That place is HOT and HUMID! Those two things and being 8 months pregnant do not mix. It was still fun to see the temple and a few other little places. Poor Crew is cursed with my skin so his little face was tomato red the whole time!

 We sure packed this car full!

 We asked him to be reverent and fold his arms....this is what we got. What a good little boy!
 Not the best picture...but this was his reaction when we told him that Moroni was on the temple. He LOVES Moroni! I think because my parents have a huge painting of him in their house. Crew thinks it's pretty neat.

 Searching and spotting Moroni!
 Gorgeous Temple grounds
 Father and Son at the Temple. I get all emotional when I think about taking Crew to the temple before his mission! He is already growing so fast. That time will be here before we know it.

 I could dedicate an entire post to this guy...but I won't. I'll just narrow it down to a paragraph. He is the best you guys. Seriously. He works so hard for our family and provides so well for us. He has always put our needs before his. It helps that he is pretty good lookin too! This summer has been a blast with him. I can't believe how much we have grown since we got married almost 3 years ago. I felt SO spoiled on this drive because A-he bought me as much junk food as I wanted for the drive and didn't judge me..haha and B-because we could actually talk to each other for hours! I haven't laughed so hard with him in a long time! His work schedule is pretty demanding so I love when I can just sit and talk with him. He is a pretty neat guy if I say so myself.


 My little red cheeky boy. I could kiss him all day!
 Incredible View!


 The Smith Family home

 Crew loved the root beer dad bought him at the Joseph Smith Red Brick Store!


 I have so much respect for the prophet Joseph, especially after visiting Nauvoo. I have even more respect for his parents though. They raised a good young man and always kept God in their home. They supported Joseph in his many endeavors and kept the faith along with him.


 He was such a good boy in the car. He loved seeing the trucks and cars whiz past us.

We had to pull over late and stop in a hotel. (don't ever stay in Mexico, MO btw) I found him sleeping on my stomach like this the next morning. His little sister was kicking his face, but he didn't budge!

Im so grateful for this little trip with my family! I really wish that we could have done all of the tours and even snap a family picture of us there. (SO sad I didn't do that) We will bring the kids back when they are older so that everyone can participate more and remember the trip...and maybe we won't go in July:) 




No comments:

Post a Comment