This 4th of July was super fun with Crew! Last year he was too little to understand or even care about what was going on...so naturally we missed out on the parade and fireworks.
In Illinois we lived so close to the cutest town you ever saw. Glen Ellyn! The houses are the typical American dream. Just picture the cover of Better Homes and Garden's. Beautiful streets lined with huge green trees, and patios with adorable patio furniture.( I will post pictures once I can download them. My friend Lindsey snapped the best ones!) One day we will have a home like that...one day!
Anyway...back to our day!
We went to the parade in Glen Ellyn and Crew was in heaven the whole time. He loved every minute of it, especially when the fire trucks went by! I am bummed that the people in the parade didn't give more candy out..I thought that was the point...just kidding.
Later that day we went to the park (pictures to come) and went to fireworks that night! Fireworks were probably the best part of the day for Crew! He was enamored by them and wasn't scared at all!
This summer has been so much more fun with cousin Hazel! Last summer we were anxiously waiting her arrival. She is my favorite little niece! We are working with Crew and his relationship with her. It's a love/hate type of thing.
Just showing off his cute festive outfit!
These babies will melt you! They are about a month or so apart and are so much fun. They look like they could be twins! I can't wait to have a baby at this age again. It's truly the best!
The shoes were a must for this day! Couldn't pass them up!
I think this picture was taken AFTER the fire trucks left, and he was wondering where they went!
Im pretty sure Crew likes his aunt "riah" way more than me sometimes! Lately whenever he gets hurt or in trouble he says in a whiny voice "riahhhh, riahhhh" as if she can come rescue him or something. Typical aunt/nephew relationship I guess! The aunts will always be more fun than the mom :)
SO funny. After the parade was over and the people started to clear out, he spotted a Bubble Guppy chair across the street! Of course he made a B-line straight for the thing. It was pretty cute.
Holiday's with babies/kids are SO much fun! I love the stage that Crew is in...even though it can be a real challenge. Thankful for this country and the freedom's we have! This holiday also makes me think of our Savior and the agency that he has allowed us to have. What a gift!














No comments:
Post a Comment