Five years already with this guy! How does that happen so fast? I remember when we started our first summer selling, we agreed that by year 5 we would be done. Oh how funny is that. There is an end in sight---but it's going to take a bit. However, each summer we have grown leaps and bounds! Maybe it's because we have been so far removed from family which has made us so much more grateful for our little family. I just remembered that we made that little agreement early on, and it's weird we are already in year 6 of our marriage.
Daily I am more and more thankful for him. He makes the crazy days over here so much better. He knows how to laugh at the really horrible/exhausting days. He knows me so much better than he did 5 years ago, and it's kind of cute? Not to sound cheesy. But I swear he knows me better than I do sometimes!
He is so focused on his goals in life that it pushes me to try harder each day. I love learning from him, and studying Gospel topics with him. I love that he shows me daily how much I'm loved! Sorry for the mushy post---but I feel like I'm allowed to celebrate our marriage/love at least once a year :)
He's such a great dad. Obviously some things come more natural to me than to him, but he has come so far in the dad department. (Today I left him here with all 3 kids AWAKE for 2.5 hours. That's progress ha ha)
I just really really love how fun he is. We can be and are SO goofy with each other. Something I wish other people could see more of sometimes. I'm just looking forward to the future when we have been married for years and years. We will look back and feel so much gratitude for our life, and for how close we grew together. I already feel much closer now with him than I did than 5 years ago, so I can't imagine what it will feel like when we've been married for 35 years!
It's just exciting. We've had our down moments too---but they don't have to last forever, and the good times make up for it.
I'm just a girl in love!
Happy 5 years love.
*Yes, he reads this blog.*

Happy Anniversary you two! So happy you guys have created such a happy reality for your family, marriage looks so good on you guys!
ReplyDelete