Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Zach & Lindsey

We traveled to Utah for Thanksgiving but mostly for my little brother's wedding! Their wedding was the day before Thanksgiving so that most of the family could make it. They had their reception the day before the wedding at the Provo library which was beautiful! I had never been there and can't believe how pretty it is. Going back to Provo just made me homesick for the early newlywed days. Such sweet memories I have in that little city. 

It is a great feeling watching one of your siblings be married to their sweetheart in the temple. I wish I could have recorded their sealing because it was so simple and beautiful. It was short but the sealer did a wonderful job bringing the spirit into that room. Zach and Lindsey served their church missions in the same city but never in the exact location (?) I still don't exactly know the entire story, but the parts I have heard are cute. How exciting for them that they can share that special time in their life together! A part of me has always wanted to know what it was like to serve a mission with Alex, but I know we will get to find out someday. 

Lindsey is just perfect for Zach. I just left the wedding feeling so sad that we don't live close to them, but we will try to make it up there as much as we can.  

They were sealed in the Draper, UT Temple. Can I just say how darn cold it is up there? And the wind....but it is one of the prettiest temples. 
 I snagged some pictures before the reception. This is Laney's signature look lately. She cracks us up. 
 I think I could just bawl my eyes out watching these two grow up. I can't believe we will have their little sibling here soon. The more kids I have, the more I want and need. They teach me so much and I just can't get enough of them! Something in the sealing that is talked about a lot is having children. I think that in today's world, the question of "how many kids do you want?" is asked a ton. During the sealing I had the impression that it really isn't up to us. I had an overwhelming love for my calling as a mother and felt impressed to shift gears on how I thought about the "number" of children I wanted.  I could tell you all day long how many kids "I want" but that's a little selfish of me. So we will just see how things go one baby at a time:) 

 She was biting me here...she does that a lot :)


 Once again Crew wanted nothing to do with pictures so these are mostly of Laney. He was off running around with Lindsey's nephews who he called "my brothers" the entire time. Man I really hope this little boy gets a brother. 

 Grateful my mom knows how to work my camera so she could snap this of us! Alex saw it and said, "man I'm glad we spent all that money for family pictures and got the best one for free." Sorry about that...next time I'll learn! I love these peeps way too much. (we loved our family pictures but just couldn't get the kids to sit still)
 I can't wait for them to start a family someday! They will be so great. 


 My cute parents...aka the ones who are way too obsessed with the grandkids. Lindsey and Zach need to have a baby soon so my kids can have a break! HA! They really are the best though. 
 Crew has been obsessed with my cousin Tyson since he spent time with him over the summer. He wouldn't leave his side the entire night. Sorry Ty! 




 All week Laney would really only go to me. She is still very clingy...but whenever Zach is around she doesn't seem to mind him. It's sweet. 

 And Crew during the dancing...always covering his ears. In his defense the giant speaker was right above him, but man alive does he hate noises. I'm right there with you Crew. 

It was such a great week with family! I can't believe Zach is married. We facetimed them a few days ago and they seem to have the marriage thing down. So happy for them! 

2 comments:

  1. These are all such great pictures! So glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! A new sister for you!!! My sister-in-laws have become my best friends, I 'm sure the same will be true for you, she seems lovely! Also, I want to eat Laney up!!!

    ReplyDelete