7am on Christmas Day we had a little boy come to our bed saying, "Santa went over the moon and came to our house last night!" (the over the moon part is from the "night before Christmas" book we read every. single. night.) He slept in his bed all night long which is rare so he was pretty excited to be awake and open presents.
It was a good day filled with family and way too many darn toys. Why didn't someone tell me that kids don't need a lot of presents to make them happy? I went a little overboard on the toys with a million little pieces...so I think next time I won't do that! (think puzzles, games and legos..noooooo)
I'm kicking myself now for not taking pictures when we had family over that morning! There was just so much going on and the kids needed a very present mama to help them open gifts!
(Hopefully by next Christmas I can figure out how to master the art of picture taking in dark light...that's also a beast to learn.)
Those sleepy eyes kill me everytime.
The kids got a tent to share and then Crew got a bike from Santa! We should have left it at that!
There's something about kids in pajamas looking like a mess that make it feel more like Christmas :)
Crew also got a Police officer outfit that he was over the moon excited about. Real handcuffs make this boy very happy!
Later on we just played around upstairs and did absolutely nothing. It was fantastic.
Love this raggedy little muffin with her cape on. Gifted to her by Grandma and Grandpa Lamb.
A favorite toy was this Mr. Potato head. The kids always play with it at cousin Hazel's house so I decided to keep one here too so they can play with it. It was a hit with Crew! It's such a darn cute toy.
Slightly jealous of this little girls hair. I also love the way she holds her upper lip.
A game of chase and they were off to bed! Ok just a nap for Laney doodle but it is so fun watching them become better friends each day. It's hard to imagine that this time last year Laney was just so tiny and Crew wasn't really interested in her. Oh how I can't wait to have a crawling chubby babe next Christmas chasing these two.
That's a wrap! Christmas was so good this year. We feel so blessed to live close to family and see them often. We felt of our savior's love for us this season and feel so grateful to him for everything we have. Love this little family of mine!














No comments:
Post a Comment