There have been so many thoughts spinning through my head as I have been thinking about this post. I am so sad that we will not be with him on Father's Day! At least he will get his quiet and peaceful Sunday nap without kids climbing all over him!
I love these pictures of him with Crew. He had been a dad for 24 hours in the picture above, and I remember waking up being so excited to put Crew in bed with him. It was such a surreal feeling. We were parents and he was a dad!
Unfortunately sometimes in the past I have taken him for granted and placed my work, or "job" higher than his. I have felt bitter that I am the only one getting up with the babies in the night, or spending time with them all day long...every single day. I have been upset sometimes that he can just have the freedom to go out with his work buddies, or to meetings any time he wanted. I felt like I was the default parent...and that didn't make me feel good.
However, on the nights when he was out of town I missed him so much. He wasn't there so I could hand off the baby to him for a minute or two so I could collect myself. I didn't feel safe when we were home alone, and his presence was greatly missed. I took him for granted and that just made me feel horrible.
Of course he wants to be with his family as much as possible. When I think about the heavy weight it is to have the responsibility to provide for an entire family, I am greatly humbled. I could never do what he does. I try everyday to make sure he knows how much I need him and appreciate him because he sure does that to me. Not a day goes by that he doesn't say "I love you," or "your the best wife and mom ever." He always takes the time out of his busy day to let me know how much the kids and I matter to him. That's why he is the best...for us.
I have learned to not take him for granted at all. He is so committed to our family and providing the best life possible for us. I am so grateful for his love for the Savior and for Christ's church. He is constantly trying to better himself which makes me want to become better. I'm so thankful for the family we have created and for the team that we are.
Alex,
Happy Father's Day to the greatest dada in the world. We love you so much and miss you more than you know! We hope you enjoy your funny present when it get's to you!
Love,
Us



No comments:
Post a Comment