Friday, November 17, 2017

Thankful.

I'm knee deep in work photos that I always forget about documenting our little life! I wish I did it more often, but I am so grateful for this blog I have to read through. My sweet Crew is very much into the chronological order of days, months, and seasons right now. So when I put up our Christmas tree a week after Halloween, he was upset! He said, "no mom, it goes Halloween, THANKSGIVING, and then Christmas." (I still put up the tree) but I was thankful for his quick reminder that I needed to still remember Thanksgiving. I came across an article somewhere on the internet that talked about mothers scouring Instagram and Pinterest for hours on end trying to curate a perfectly decorated home. For some reason I struggle with this a lot, so it was fitting that I came to this article. To sum it up, this mother didn't have a decorated home or the brand new "plain wooden toys" or white kitchen...but she had a lot of love to give her children, and they knew they were loved. They had a home, running water, beds, clothes and toys. They had parents who created a safe and loving environment. That's all they need. 

I knew all of these things already, and knew that I probably should calm it down with the house decor (it's just too fun) but I was so thankful for that post. I also know that a home that I create with beautiful things makes me very happy. There is a balance in all things, but I needed this shift in my perspective on mothering and homemaking, and for that, I am thankful. 

I am getting very excited to be up North with my family for Thanksgiving, and finally get to feel some cool weather with the kids. They are excited to be all bundled up in coats. I love being their mother.
My heart is full this week! 






No comments:

Post a Comment