Running nearly on empty like most of us young mothers are. I have a million things shoved into one tiny spot in my brain...but I am so happy to be back home with my cute babies. I think that's one healthy thing that comes with going on vacation. When I get back, I'm just recharged and ready to take on my role again! I'm a little frazzled today so naturally I missed an important event that goes on in my ward at church. It's important to me at least, and I can't even believe I forgot about it. I'm really doing awesome with the "first impressions" thing.
I came across this quote and loved it dearly. There are so many little, tender moments in our lives that make it that much sweeter.
Hoping to get my trip posts up...but in the meantime, here is one of my favorite memories from that trip. (I can just picture Ross & Demelza running through the grass hand-in-hand. Sort of in love with Poldark lately)
"Like happiness, holiness is always tied to little gestures.
These little gestures are those we learn at home, in the family; they get lost amid all the other things we do, yet they do make each day different.
They are the quiet things done by mothers and grandmothers, by fathers and grandfathers, by children, by siblings.
They are little signs of tenderness, affection and compassion.
Like the warm supper we look forward to at night, the early lunch awaiting someone who gets up early to go to work.
Homely gestures.
Like a blessing before we go to bed, or a hug after we return from a hard day’s work. "
-Pope Francis-

No comments:
Post a Comment