Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Two.

She's TWO now, and has been for almost a week. I don't want to sound too cliche in this post...but darnit, where does the time go? I clearly remember her birth like it was yesterday. We love this girl so much. I get overwhelmed sometimes with writing on this blog because I can never adequately express my feelings on here, or use the right wording. I save most of the special or mushy gushy stuff for my little black book---journal. 

Laney at 2:
-brown hair & blue eyes. Perfect combo if you ask me! I've wanted brown hair my entire life (why do we want what we can't have? Or the exact opposite of what we do have?) Needless to say, she's a lucky little duckling. 
-BIG round white sparkling teeth. Those teeth of hers are our favorite, and thankfully her binky has made them a little "beaver-ish" which we love. We sort of love the binky mouth. (I had braces too--and never took a binky. So we will embrace those days when they arrive!)
-Long toes...and she loves getting them painted. 
-She loves to pick out her hair bows now. THANK GOODNESS. For a while there, they were boycotted. So happy to have them back. 
-Runs around chasing Crew all day, and literally copies every single move/noise he makes. 
-Goes potty on the toilet after we do. Everytime without fail. AND her new thing is taking off her jammies and fresh diaper minutes before bedtime...to pee. She pee's every time. I'm honestly not ready for potty training--but that girl is. 
-She loves facetiming my parents (which we do an embarrassing amount daily) but she asks to see the dog too, and she gets the biggest smile when she sees her. 
-She is still my best eater, and sleeper. 
-She is a baby doll lover, and I couldn't love that any more than I already do. I'm in heaven--and I love playing with her!  
-She loves to run around, climb, and jump off of counters/chairs. She is a a little dare devil. 

There is so much more I could write about our sweet little Laney goose. She is such a joy in our home, and her brothers adore her. 

Something I love about our birthday's being so close together is that we can plan fun mother/daughter trips for our birthdays--with no boys! Just us. I feel like making that a tradition will be so important for us, and something that we will look forward to for years to come. (hint hint Alex/dada) I'd honestly be totally ok with having her be the only girl in the family, because we already share such a special bond! It's going to be fun to watch our relationship grow over the years.

For her birthday we celebrated at home with Alex's family! Super low key, and just how we like it.

*my uncle Chris came to the RESCUE the night before her birthday, and built her that play kitchen. I was literally in tears over it. I couldn't get past step 1 of the darn instructions. So I was dramatic and thought she wouldn't have it for her birthday. Well, he finished it within a couple hours, and it made all of this birthday stuff so much better. THANK YOU Chris.*

Get ready for a lot of pictures:






















 I still can't quite get over how many children Marah & I have between the two of us! It just makes me giddy. Watching their personalities develop has been the highlight of our life! 






 "Laney, where are your eyes?"^^^









Happy Birthday Laney buggy!


No comments:

Post a Comment