Monday, February 9, 2015

New Adventure



I can honestly say that this weekend was the busiest I have ever been...in my married life. 
Is that sad or awesome? 

There is so much to write about this weekend but it's so hard to put it all into words. 
I have wanted to become a photographer for a long time, well...since high school. I would use my sister for a model, but there was one time a family had me shoot their Christmas pictures. 
I loved every second of it!

Heidi, my husband's aunt, is a photographer and she texted me one day out of the blue asking if I was interested in being a second shooter for one of her weddings. 
That happened to be the week I was emailing photographers left and right trying to find someone to mentor me. 
Heidi thought it would be fun to come down to AZ and mentor me instead! 



I had to book all the shoots and find some locations, and then it was a go! But I was so so so nervous. 
Heidi and I have always clicked so her staying with us was just so fun. A new friend to have around all day...plus all we talked about was photography...and how much we loved cheeseburgers and milkshakes! 
She is a fantastic teacher and helped me feel more confident about my work. 
I am pretty happy with how these turned out. It is overwhelming taking all these pictures and then realizing that you have to edit them and hope for the best! Hope that the person is happy with the photos.
I didn't realize how physically fit you have to be for this job--seriously, jumping over rocks, and walking through ditches...hoping you don't step on a cactus or a something else...(btw I did step on a cactus and it did go through my shoes)
I am so grateful to have this experience and I have fallen in love with taking pictures even more! I know that mothers love to have them done and so I just hope I can deliver pictures that they will be proud to hang on their walls and send in the mail to loved ones. 

Keep posted for a website coming soon. Follow @abbiemartinsenphoto on Instagram! Email: abbiemartinsenphoto@gmail.com for pricing information and to see if I would be a good fit for you!

1 comment: