Friday, February 20, 2015

Cancun 2015

 I felt so lucky and spoiled to be able to go on a trip alone with Al this past week! He worked so hard last summer and was able to qualify for this trip. He was so excited! So thanks sweetie! (and Vivint)
When we talked about this trip I immediately said "no I can't go...well I can, but Laney is coming with us!" He was fine with it but neither of us were super excited about it. We love her but some alone time sounded so nice too. So I asked my sil if she would watch Laney during that week and she said of course! So we made it happen. 

It was so hard for me to leave the kids...especially because Laney was still nursing. The week leading up to us leaving was complete chaos though. Every single day was so long and I caught myself thinking about Cancun and counting down the days! So I guess you could say we needed this trip...a lot. 

 The resort was nice and so pretty. I get very anxious on airplanes so on the way there we took some NyQuil (hey no judging) and we slept like babies. We even missed the custom papers we had to fill out! So we did that when we landed. It was so great. I have never ever slept on a plane before, and I guess we had some crazy turbulence...but we would never know! So yea--I give NyQuil 2 thumbs up.

I couldn't believe the water! Crystal clear, and white sand. The weather was so nice. I even got myself a fun souvenir...a gnarly sunburn! I did wear sunscreen. I promise. I just haven't seen the sun like this in a long time. We went to church on Sunday after a long morning of trying to get there, and figuring out what dang time it was in Cancun. (ha ha) I put a picture up of Alex holding my pump because my cute toddler lost the rubber pieces to it and so Alex had to cover it up while I used it. Man...that was hard it took forever to get like 2 ounces out of both sides. TMI. 

We went to the spa and got a mani/pedi in pure silence...it was awkward. I don't think we will be doing that again. The ladies took us to separate rooms but neither one of them talked to us. Awesome.

 Seriously that water was amazing and I totally miss it! We didn't have service a lot and the wifi at the hotel wasn't the greatest...but I was still able to see some pictures of my cute kiddos. Thank you to my mother in law and sister in law for taking them! I don't think we could ever repay them. I was never worried once about our kids, and knew they were perfectly taken care of. That made my trip so much more enjoyable.

 Crew and Gramma on the way to the gym! He is lucky to have such a fun, young, and active gramma who plays with him all day. He definitely misses her. 

 I loved these of Laney doo! Mariah is such a good mama and Laney obviously loved on her and was totally fine without me. 
This past week Al and I were able to have some good alone time that was so needed. It was like a never ending date! I was in heaven to say the least. 
The whole trip though we would say things like:
 "Oh Laney would look so cute in her swim suit right now!" 
"Crew would love that!"
"Take a video of the fish and show it to Crew!"
"We can't wait to bring our families on a trip."
Yea we missed our kids a lot but were filled with such gratitude for family who could allow us to spend this week alone. 
We will be going back here but next time kids are coming and family is too! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing!! Glad you had such a fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you got to go and enjoy that together and thanks for letting us have Crew! We had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you got to go and enjoy that together and thanks for letting us have Crew! We had a blast!

    ReplyDelete