I was reading one of my favorite blogs and came across this post. Isn't it funny how you stumble upon the thing you need most at that time in your life? I'm grateful for that.
Recently Crew has started to say "play mama," "stay mama," or "sit mama." I'm ashamed to say that I stick my nose in my phone more often than not or I'm busy with Laney, dishes, or laundry, and I forget to stop and just play with Crew. Like really play. We have been doing that more and it has been a lot of fun. His laugh is contagious, and the "soup" he makes is delicious.
This little boy made me a mother and I am forever grateful for his forgiving heart when I fall short.
I need to wake up more and try harder to be more holy in my calling as mother. Not self righteous or acting like I'm this perfect being. I just need to speak softer to him, act sweeter, and discipline without emotion when needed. I need to stop complaining about making dinner some nights, grocery shopping or cleaning up messes. Those things have to be done, so why not be happy or content with it?
I am grateful for tomorrow's. We have a lot of them...so let's use them to be better than the yesterday's!

No comments:
Post a Comment