Laney Doo at 3 Months-
(that's the nickname that Crew gave her...melt...)
Laney turned 3 months old a few days ago and I just cannot believe it. I want to be sad that she is growing so fast, but she is just too fun, so I'm excited to watch her grow. She is the best baby...and I'm not exaggerating. She is on a pretty good schedule now. Takes 3 naps a day. 2 short naps and then 1 super long nap in the middle of the day. She goes to bed at 8pm and sleeps for most of the night, if not all of it. She loves nursing...for the most part. I feel like she has a little bit of me in her and my mom stopped nursing me because I always pulled away and was too impatient to wait for the milk to let down. Laney gets so impatient and is constantly pulling off and looking around. She doesn't really like to be held close (like me) so we are working on that with her. I'm trying a lot of things to keep my supply up so that she isn't too frustrated. When the milk does come, it's too much and then she does this really funny snorting/choking thing. She hates when it comes too fast....just a hard girl to please!
I literally pinch her chin all. day. long.
Crew is so cute with her.
He is talking more so that's pretty cute too.
When she wakes up from a nap crying he runs to her room so fast and gets a huge smile on his face and says "laney wake?!!! laney cry?!!"
He grabs her toes daily and shakes her legs (kind of softly)
He will randomly go kiss her head while she is in her bouncer.
I started watching a little two year old boy during the day, mostly for a playmate for Crew, but they are both two so it can be a little rough.
The little boy was grabbing Laney's feet and smiling today when Crew saw him. He dropped his toy, ran over SO fast, grabbed the kids hand and pulled it off of Laney while yelling "HEYYYYYYY! NO TOUCH LANEY!" It was pretty cute and made my mama heart happy. He is very aware of his sister and genuinely cares about her.
He only hurts her when he isn't getting enough attention from us, so we are working on that.
This is Crew smelling a flower. Dangit this kid is so so cute. I took him to Anthro the other day (baddddd call) but he darted for the wobbly display of glass candles, opened one up and said "mell? mell?!" He loves it. It's kind of our thing to smell the candles. Whenever he is losing patience in the grocery store, I go over to the candles and we smell each one. He makes this face each time and I about die. (see above picture)
Anyway- People said it would take a good 3 months for us to fall into a routine and I had a hard time believing them...but I'm here to say that it's true! I think my postpartum stuff is all evened out, I feel like myself and my kids are getting along. All is well.



She just gets cuter and cuter!
ReplyDelete